Job description / Role
Duty Engineer- Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Opening mid 2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sq m of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country's biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North's waterpark attraction The Icon Tower, the world's highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres in height.
This position is responsible for supporting the whole engineering team and ensuring that the engineering and maintenance operations within the Hotel/Waterpark, including general property maintenance, are working properly and up to the hotel/waterpark operating standards.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following hotel standard operating procedures.
- Perform day-to-day routine and preventative maintenance within the hotel rooms/waterpark and public areas .
- Respond promptly and efficiently to any maintenance calls that arise either by the guest or other departments.
- Respond courteously to guest requests promptly and resolve matters to the guest's satisfaction.
- Able to prioritize the maintenance issues e.g.: to attend to the breakdown of plant and machinery on priority.
- Perform maintenance activities in the guest rooms and public areas including electrical equipment, plumbing, and Air conditioning
- Assist in the hiring, training, supervising, scheduling, disciplining, and planning of activities of engineering department personnel
- The ability to conduct quality analysis of pool water
- The ability to assist in planning and implementing procedures, systems, and controls to ensure an efficient engineering department.
- The ability to ensure that the work order/request system is properly executed and issues from the logbook are followed up on when necessary.
- The ability to handle the purchasing of equipment replacement parts and repairs.
- The ability to assist in developing and updating comprehensive departmental policies and manuals.
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 1-year experience as Duty Engineer
- Degree/Diploma in (Mechanical or Electrical/Electronical Engineering)
- Knowledge of blueprints, wiring diagrams, mechanical and electrical systems, and HVAC systems, and BMS
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
Your team & working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Qatar Building Company (QBC)
Civil Engineer (Facilities)
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
|Saudi Arabia||13 May|
Maintenance Team Leader