Job description / Role
Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Opening 2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sq m of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country's biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North's waterpark attraction The Icon Tower, the world's highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres in height.
Dry Rides Duty Engineer- Waterpark
This position is responsible for the management of the Waterpark Engineering team in the key areas of preventive/planned and reactive maintenance, daily operations, assets, equipment and property maintenance and repair works.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- The ability to maintain zero breakdowns of roller coaster operations
- The ability to repair, and find faults in roller coaster machines and equipment
- The ability to check roller coaster systems a daily basis to keep them in perfect working condition according to safety measures
- The ability to prevent harmful situations based on roller coaster operations
- The ability to assist in the hiring, training, supervising, scheduling, disciplining, and planning of activities of engineering department personnel.
- The ability to conduct quality analysis of pool water
- The ability to assist in ensuring that effective preventive maintenance schedules are followed.
- The ability to assist in planning and implementing procedures, systems, and controls to ensure an efficient engineering department.
- The ability to ensure that the work order/request system is properly executed and issues from the logbook are followed up on when necessary.
- The ability to ensure (Energy consumption forecast) that all meter readings on domestic water, chilled water, and electrical power are taken daily and reviewed for consumption.
- The ability to assist in compiling a monthly consumption report on heat, cooling, and power to include electricity, gas, and water.
- The ability to set up fire line safety systems, valve locations, and other emergency procedures that involve the department.
- The ability to ensure effective communication and good relations between the engineering department and other departments in the water park.
- The ability to assist in developing and maintaining an energy conservation program allowing the water park to meet its annual budget targets.
- The ability to prepare requisitions for purchase and work orders and liaise efficiently with the Maintenance Manager on such matters.
- The ability to assume the duties of the Maintenance Manager in his/her absence.
- The ability to always conduct oneself in a professional manner to reflect the high standards of Rixos Brand and encourage staff to do the same.
- The ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragement as needed.
- The ability to evaluate and monitor training programs (such as safety and emergency procedures) for all new and current department colleagues in order to ensure the safety of our guests and colleagues.
Your experience and skills include:
- Degree/diploma in Engineering Field - Preferably Electrical/Electronical/Mechanical/HVAC Engineering degree
- Knowledge of blueprints, roller coaster operating systems, equipment knowledge, wiring diagrams, mechanical and electrical system,s and HVAC systems
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar capacity with proven track records
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language
- Waterpark experience will be preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Maintenance Software and BMS software knowledge, CAD programs (Preferably AutoCAD)
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and training skills
- Service-oriented with an eye for details
- Well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
Your team & working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Equinox Global Investments
Project Engineer - Interiors / Fitout (Civil)
One Thousand Walls