Job description / Role
BHGE's Turbomachinery & Process Solutions (TPS) provides services for new equipment installations, upgrades and contractual services agreements for customers. Based in customer's site in Doha, the Field Services Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Specialist will work directly with the TPS regional HSE leader and HSE COE to ensure alignment of business HSE priorities and strategies from outage planning, pre-mobilization, site execution activities and customer engagement activities.
• Provide HSE technical advice to efficiently manage all BHGE Health, Safety & Environmental programs and compliance requirements for the field services operations. Duties shall include the following, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with TPS regional and global HSE teams to implement BHGE HSE procedures as applicable to site operational activities and drive effectiveness through continuous monitoring and improvement.
• Engage with field services leadership, employees and contractors to integrate BHGE's 5 Fundamentals of A Perfect HSE Day, promote a strong HSE culture and enable business growth through risk management and control processes.
• Liaise with customer representatives and regulatory agencies (where required) to identify applicable customer HSE and regulatory requirements and ensure field services operations compliance all through field services planning and execution.
• Implement strategic HSE programs and initiatives to drive operational excellence across field services operations team, including delivery of site HSE trainings/inductions, facilitate risk assessment/management, drive reporting of safety observations and near miss reporting.
• Lead and participate incident investigation, site HSE audits/inspections and collaborate with field services operations team to drive corrective actions to closure.
• Perform periodic metrics and analytics on field services HSE performance data to identify key improvement opportunities, participate in field services operations management reviews, provide guidance to enhance HSE ownership and accountability among leaders.
• Bachelor's degree or diploma from an accredited university or college, preferably in occupational safety and health, environmental management, engineering or sciences
• Minimum of 5-10 years HSE experience in the oil and gas industry or with field services operations exposure.
• HSE professional certification such as NEBOSH or equivalent
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability.
• Multi-lingual capabilities, fluent in English (one or more of either Arabic, French, Italian, Hindi, Urdu or Filipino will be added advantage)
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.