Job description / Role
TAX Free Contractual Job Opportunity for an experienced Electrical Commissioning Engineer to be based in Qatar by a leading international EPC company.
• Responsibilities include troubleshooting, testing and correcting electrical system problems for all simple and combined cycle operating modes.
• Will interact with company commissioning management, OEM technical advisors, and client operations staff as necessary to ensure the successful implementation of the facility.
• Good understanding of RO systems; protection and control devices, functions and interrelationships
• Good understanding of RO system instrumentation and control functions and interrelationships with all plant processes
• Previous working experience with all electrical and control systems, hardware, software, and tools
• Previous commissioning experience on medium and low voltage switchgear with standard tools and test equipment
• Good understanding of all current digital communication standards utilized in modern combined-cycle power plants
• Computer literate with Microsoft and various software applications
• Ability to review and understand multi-discipline (mechanical, electrical, control systems, etc.) drawings and documents
• Ability to review and understand OEM supplier drawings and information
• Good written and spoken English language skills
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering preferred or equivalent technical degree with additional related experience.
• Previous turbine and control systems training and experience
• Seven years electrical power plant electrical system commissioning, start-up and operating experience with minimum of five years combustion-turbine, simple/combined cycle power plant electrical system commissioning, start-up operation experience
• Previous experience with testing trip matrix applications for combined-cycle power plants
• Sound permit to work and lock-out tag-out training and experience
• Extensive experience testing, tuning, calibrating, and troubleshooting electrical, protection, and control systems
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Electrical Engineer
Ignite Search & Selection
Electrical Project Engineer
MAYKS HR Consulting
Electrical Maintenance/Facility Manager