Job description / Role
• Responsible for design review and engineering of electrical systems associated with the residential/ luxury villas.
• Provides professional direction, support and advice as the senior site representative for all matters related to construction quality assurance of electrical works.
• Monitor the electrical works for conformance with the provisions of the Contract Documents and the Procedures manual.
• Review, approve and process all electrical technical submittals.
• Coordinate and supervise the work of all electrical activities and operations.
• Receive / action Request(s) for Information (RFIs) that apply to electrical works. RFIs requiring design feedback will be directed to the Designer for response. Review responses for adequacy.
• Knowledgeable of local and international consultants and contractors and periodically meets with other electrical engineers and Value Management representatives.
• Monitors significant developments in electrical engineering and Value Engineering fields via review of technical literature, attendance at conferences, etc.
• Review Contractor’s electrical change order proposals.
• Prepare recommendations for the Design Manager/ Project Manager to review.
• If warranted, assist in negotiations with contractors regarding changes in contract value or project duration.
• Review contractors’ claims related to electrical works.
• Assist in negotiations with contractors regarding the value of claims or changes in schedules.
• Graduate Electrical Engineer, UPDA/MMUP Certified, Holds valid Qatar Driving License, Conversant in English.
• Minimum 12 years demonstrable experience, of which 3 years are based in Qatar;
• Strong knowledge and experience with design and construction of large-scale and complex electrical & mechanical systems for commercial/residential villa projects;
• Thorough understanding of ASTM / BS standards/ NFPA &local regulations and codes.
About the Company
Shelter Group is a leading general contracting construction and engineering support services business operating as a "one-stop" house.
For over 40 years, Shelter has executed hundreds of projects in the Middle East and Gulf regions. Across a wide variety of sectors, engineers, designers, builders, planners, project and facilities managers work hand in hand to exceed our clients' expectations.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Swisslinx Middle East
Electrical Engineer - MMUP/UPDA
Supervisor - Electrical
Oryx Engineering Solutions
Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
KEO International Consultants