Job description / Role
• Responsible for design review and engineering of electrical systems associated with the residential/ luxury villas.
• Provides professional direction, support and advice as the senior site representative for all matters related to construction quality assurance of electrical works.
• Monitor the electrical works for conformance with the provisions of the Contract Documents and the Procedures manual.
• Review, approve and process all electrical technical submittals.
• Coordinate and supervise the work of all electrical activities and operations.
• Receive / action Request(s) for Information (RFIs) that apply to electrical works. RFIs requiring design feedback will be directed to the Designer for response. Review responses for adequacy.
• Knowledgeable of local and international consultants and contractors and periodically meets with other electrical engineers and Value Management representatives.
• Monitors significant developments in electrical engineering and Value Engineering fields via review of technical literature, attendance at conferences, etc.
• Review Contractor’s electrical change order proposals.
• Prepare recommendations for the Design Manager/ Project Manager to review.
• If warranted, assist in negotiations with contractors regarding changes in contract value or project duration.
• Review contractors’ claims related to electrical works.
• Assist in negotiations with contractors regarding the value of claims or changes in schedules.
• Graduate Electrical Engineer, UPDA/MMUP Certified, Holds valid Qatar Driving License, Conversant in English.
• Minimum 12 years demonstrable experience, of which 3 years are based in Qatar;
• Strong knowledge and experience with design and construction of large-scale and complex electrical & mechanical systems for commercial/residential villa projects;
• Thorough understanding of ASTM / BS standards/ NFPA &local regulations and codes.
About the Company
Shelter Group is a leading general contracting construction and engineering support services business operating as a "one-stop" house.
For over 40 years, Shelter has executed hundreds of projects in the Middle East and Gulf regions. Across a wide variety of sectors, engineers, designers, builders, planners, project and facilities managers work hand in hand to exceed our clients' expectations.