Job description / Role
• Responsible to operate and maintain a multi computerized sensor arrayed highway testing vehicle to collect data accurately while the ROMDAS is driven over test sections
• Work together with another operator, alternating between driving and operating/monitoring the collection equipment.
• Responsibilities include meeting data collection quotas accurately, daily vehicle and test equipment checks, calibrations, operation, data QC checking, processing and storage, driving, completing scheduled maintenance and data shipments and associated administrative work. Monitor the System communication system performance and availabilities.
• Monitor and manage any new Romdas Technical Survey vehicle and upgrading work activities.
• Perform configuration works in the Romdas Technical Survey vehicle, which includes configuring of I/O drivers, I/Os’ mapping arrangement and HMI engineering work.
• Coordinate Romdas Technical Survey vehicle site works which include modification works.
• Monitor and manage Romdas Technical Survey vehicle related testing and commissioning work which include site inspection, witness acceptance test and work conformance of job specifications and standards.
• Troubleshoot and rectify Romdas Technical Survey vehicle related site issues.
• Review Romdas Technical Survey vehicle documentation submitted to unit.
• Monitor and manage the Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Corrective Maintenance (CM) work schedules and work progress.
• Checking and verifying the PM’s and CM’s reports submitted by the appointed SCADA maintenance contractor.
• Collaborate with the Area Engineers for the PMs, CMs and road Shutdown works/activities.
• Arrange and manage site-surveying works for new roads to be added into the Romdas Technical Survey vehicle.
• Preparing of Romdas Technical Survey vehicle site survey work report.
• Preparing of the Romdas Technical Survey vehicle unit monthly performance report.
• Ordering of new Romdas Technical Survey vehicle spare parts and the inspection work of new Romdas Technical Survey vehicle spare parts received.
• Monitor and manage of the movement of the Romdas Technical Survey vehicle spare parts from the warehouse and the Romdas Technical Survey vehicle store.
• Ensure adherence to Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and comply with any new work instructions
• Perform other duties/ tasks as required. Ensure adherence to Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and comply with any new work instructions
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Preferably Graduate of Associates Degree in one or more of Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Software or Computer Science, Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
• Chartered Membership in Engineering or Relevant professional body preferred and would be an advantage
• Current/valid Qatar Driving License would be an advantage
• Minimum of 5 years’ demonstrable work experience in Roads/ Highways industry including minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Excellent driving skills combined with sufficient experience
• Demonstrated ability to take direction and instruction from others
• Skills to troubleshoot and repair electronic and mechanical equipment
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record
• Accurate keyboarding skills and 35 wpm min typing speed
• Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems (including, but not limited to Windows 10 or the latest
• Strong working knowledge of computers and fluent in a variety of software application
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is mandatory
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic is preferred
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.