Job description / Role
Are you an expert Electrical Inspector looking for a new challenge? Then we have a fantastic opportunity in our Qatar office that could be of interest to you.
Who are we:
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Whether it is maximizing space in cities or making wasteland habitable, we deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes for our clients. Our people work collaboratively to create value through built and natural assets that work in harmony with their surroundings – from shopping centers in Shanghai to new rail systems in Doha and reducing air pollution in Los Angeles.
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues
• Client focus
• Inspect site conditions for suitability prior to construction
• Observe, check and record works execution is in accordance with approved methods
• Ensure all electrical/mechanical works and installations are executed according to project requirements
• Check services locations and ensure their protection
• Record inspections, tests, work executed etc.
• Coordinate with Kahramaa as instructed by the Resident Engineer
• Ensure material delivered are in-line with approvals and properly stored
• Observe site safety procedures
• Measure work done when required
• Assist in the review of shop drawings
• Assist in the review and preparation of ‘As-Built’ drawings
• Must comply with safety, health and risk management requirements
The ideal candidate holds an Academic or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or any relevant discipline.
The candidate has 10 years’ experience working in a similar role. Candidates will have experience in working on Major Infrastructures (Pumping stations, Sewerage, Potable water).
Required experience and competencies for this role:
• Excellent verbal and written skills;
• Strong business acumen;
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and experience:
• Ability to lead remote and local subordinates, communicate directions and ensure the demands and responsibilities of a distributed workforce are being met;
• Ability to deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism;
• Builds and maintains strong professional, trusted relationships with management, peers and staff;
• Provides guidance, persuades and influences decision makers;
• Enthusiastic and committed attitude toward work and task completion;
What We Offer:
A dynamic and challenging opportunity with an international focus, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. A great working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career.
About the Company
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design & consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate more than 3 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.