Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Electrical Inspector will report to the Electrical Engineer and Resident Engineer (M&E) in administering the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project with respect to electrical works. He will be involved in monitoring, inspection, coordination, witnessing, documentation of all electrical works of the project to ensure that the project is constructed as per Contract requirements and specifications. He will insure quality of work in the finished project. Inspectors must be completely familiar with the plans, specifications and construction methods for the phases of the work to be inspected. For items that may have charged, Inspector shall seek clarification from the Electrical Engineer.
• Assist the Electrical Engineer in performing the contractual duties on site.
• Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labour and equipment used, etc. and sign at the end of each day.
• Interface with the public, especially residents and business owners adjacent to the work to mitigate the construction impacts.
• Attend to Inspection Requests (IR's) submitted by the contractor and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
• Monitor quality of works and assess the safety at site including health and environmental issues, ensuring the same complies with contracts / QCS specifications, safety and health risk assessment and environmental mitigating measures respectively on a daily basis.
• Prepare Surveillance Report(s) for deficiencies of work found at site that are believed to have failed or if the contractor is not complying with verbal instructions and subsequently complete a Non-Conformance Report (NCR) if required in view of the development of events.
• Provide technical input and experiences to resolve any discipline related issues on site that may arise.
• Oversee and inspect all electrical & instrumentation work and ensure that installation activities comply with contractual obligations and quality control standards.
• Receive material inspection requests (MIR) from contractor, inspect electrical & instrumentation materials delivered at site and report on quantity and technical compliance and sign off requests.
• Prepare/complete the necessary documentation prior to inspection of the Works and process accordingly following completion of the inspection.
• Keep, monitor and follow up as necessary and maintain complete record(s) concerning the execution of the works.
• Ensures that the project quality control procedures are used for the construction supervision works and monitors it for improvement.
• Ensure site progress information is communicated regularly.
• Perform all other duties that may be requested by team leadership
• Coordinate the works to ensure successful hand-over of the project
Experience and Qualifications:
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
• Minimum of 7 years of electrical construction work experience related on major road, highway and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• Valid Qatar Driving License
• Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with project team.
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction related processes related to area of assignment.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Abu Dhabi Ports