Job description / Role
- Preparation of Bill of Quantity (BOQ) based on tender drawing & Specification includes all works.
- Preparation of taking of quantity from construction drawing.
- Coordination of the review of draft tender documents to ensure all systems and components of the tenders are included.
- Knowledge in the initial review of projects, condition of the contract, contract documents, specification, and design drawing.
- Preparation of tender documentation queries to consultants/clients to confirm and collect any missing data.
- Attend technical meetings with contractor and weekly progress meetings if required by the construction manager.
- Ensure full coordination between all other disciplines/Trades has been carried out for all external and internal MEP services.
- Preparation of Cost Estimation for MEP Works (Electrical) and Pricing, Rate Buildup of Materials, Labor, Plants, and other misc.
- Invite the Quotation from Sub Contractor/Supplier, Negotiation and Comparison, ability to prepare pre-contract & tender activity.
- Maintenance and update of Approved Sub Contractor/Supplier database.
- Corresponding with Consultants/Authorities regarding the specification/technical and BOQ any difference to tender requirements and raise queries for clarification.
- Coordination with planning, procurement, finance, and administration cell for necessary documents required for the submission.
- Preparation of tender pre-qualification item, List of Sub Contractor/Supplier, Cash Flow Chart, Machinery.
- At least 5 years of experience
- Holder of an HND or diploma in QS or electrical engineering
- Good analytical and arithmetical skills
- Living in Qatar with NOC
- Knowledge of working with MEP based project as a Quantity surveyor.
- Ability to recognize the contractual obligations of both company and its subcontractors.
- Knowledge of QCS (Qatar construction specification) and CESMM.
- Good Experience in AUTO-CAD/MS Office and CCS (Candy) would be preferred but not essential.
- Able to review and measure the executed works.
- Good knowledge in detailed shop drawing, coordination drawings.
- Able to act on his own initiative and proactive way.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
The applicants are having working knowledge in Cost Estimation in MEP works have added advantage.
About the Company
G.E.T Generic Engineering Technologies is staffed by fully-qualified management and operations personnel. With almost a quarter century of engineering and construction experience, our management and technical teams have delivered a wide range of turnkey projects, from the initial design, construction and commissioning stages, through to an operational level.
Our in-house expertise in design & build extends to a wide range of engineering disciplines:
Design and Construction Civil and Structural Works Mechanical, Electrical and Sanitary Systems Commissioning Interior Design Fit-out Landscaping
We offer our clients an excellent service that is quality-driven, professional services and delivering high end quality projects on time and within budget, while adhering with the international standards and best practices.
Electrical Site Engineer
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Site Electrical Engineer
Dara Engineering Consultants
Supervisor - Electrical
Oryx Engineering Solutions
Senior Electrical Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)