Job description / Role
- To offer an enriched, hands-on, project-based and collaborative learning environment based on the principles of the PYP.
- To work with a high level of collaboration with the other teachers in the program as well as the PYP coordinator.
- To work with the IT Instructional Specialists to infuse technology in the learning process.
- To be open to the integration of art in the student projects and to learn and apply the principles of brain-based learning in their classroom.
- Finally to be ready to carry out innovation, action research and show a certain level of creativity in their work.
- Current and appropriate certification.
- BA or BS degree.
- Major in elementary education or the equivalent.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- IB PYP experience preferred.
- Fluent English is required, but bilingualism considered an asset.
- For languages teachers other than English, fluency in the relevant language is required and English is an asset.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
About the Company
The Arab International Academy was founded in Doha, Qatar in 2016 with the goal of establishing a high-level private international school that provides a challenging and well-rounded international educational experience. To achieve that goal, we have drawn on the very best of international thinking in our choice of curriculum and approaches to 21st century teaching and learning. AIA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for the Diploma Programme. It is also a candidate school for the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP).