Elementary School Librarian
Arab International Academy (AIA)
Job description / Role
- To create a warm, positive student-centered library.
- To operate and supervise the library to which assigned.
- To interface with classroom teachers in preparing and presenting library skill lessons.
- To develop and implement reading and research incentive programs.
- To evaluate, select and request new library supplies.
- To assist teachers in the selection of books and other instructional materials and makes library materials available to supplement the instructional program.
- To keep teachers and other staff members informed about new materials.
- To maintain a comprehensive and efficient system for cataloging all library materials and instruct teachers and students on the use of the system.
- To maintain an annual inventory of all library materials.
- To work with teachers in planning those assignments likely to lead to extended use of library resources.
- To promote appropriate conduct of behavior of students using library facilities.
- To chair the library committee.
- To guide students in selecting books and other library materials.
- Arranges frequently changing book-related displays and exhibits likely to interest those using the library.
- To develop and enhance a technological component in the library.
- Education Required: Bachelor
- Minimum Teaching Experience: 3 years of teaching experience
- BA Degree in a relevant field and advanced training
- Bilingual English/Arabic with a 3rd language would be seen as an asset
- Minimum of three years of teaching or Library experience
- Ticket Allowance
- Housing Allowance
- Health Care
- Child Tuition Waiver
About the Company
The Arab International Academy was founded in Doha, Qatar in 2016 with the goal of establishing a high-level private international school that provides a challenging and well-rounded international educational experience. To achieve that goal, we have drawn on the very best of international thinking in our choice of curriculum and approaches to 21st century teaching and learning. AIA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for the Diploma Programme. It is also a candidate school for the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP).