Employee Relations Assistant
Nakilat Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM)
Job description / Role
Position: ER Assistant (JVs)
Company: Nakilat - Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd
Location: Ras Laffan / Qatar
Job Summary and Purpose
Provide support to the Employee Relations team in the operational and administrative tasks to resolve all matters related to Employee Relations in N-KOM, by assisting in developing and implementing effective policies and procedures related to Employee Relations. As well as, perform personnel administration activities through assisting in the preparation, and processing of personnel actions during the employment tenure from engagement to end of service. In addition to participating and coordinating with IT in developing and properly utilizing the HR related systems.
New Joiners Induction:
1. Coordinate with the recruitment team to plan and arrange induction program for new recruits, as well as advise them on N-KOM’s employee relations policies and procedures.
Employees’ Contracts Administration:
2. Administer all employment contracts, by monitoring company payroll, approving eligible allowance and benefits, while ensuring compliance with the applicable laws and requirements.
3. Provide escalation support to ensure all queries related to employees are addressed in a prompt manner.
4. Assist in investigating and conducting disciplinary cases, prepare case briefs, and follow up with regards to the agreed/decided actions.
5. Execute all administrative circulars and decisions (e.g. early retirement program, promotion, employee transfer, penalties imposed on employees, employee loans).
6. Manage and control all transactions related to loans, advances, reimbursements and allowances to ensure their compliance with pertaining policies.
7. Verify payments to employees (e.g. expense claims, car loans, advanced payments) and obtains required approvals, and loads the approved transactions into the ERP system.
8. Review insurance policy and determine medical coverage, as well as ensure that adequate medical insurance is provided to N-KOMs employees and their eligible dependents.
9. Coordinate with IT to ensure maximum utilization of the ERP and other HR related systems.
10. Process and communicate employees’ action letters (i.e. promotions, salary adjustments, disciplinary actions…etc.).
11. Oversee maintaining employees’ data and records and ensure their confidentiality.
12. Manage HRMS’s master data and ensure it’s up to date and accurate.
Human Resources Information Systems Management:
13. Assist IT in reviewing, testing and implementing the proper HRIS systems upgrades and enhancements, including maintenance of systems tables, to ensure that HR needs are addressed.
14. Oversee the implementation of the HR-ERP system, by providing direction, planning, project coordination and management of the HRIS, while concurrently facilitating efficient operations to meet current and future business needs and requirements within all HR sections.
End of Employment:
15. Provide seamless supports to employees during their exit process, and keep all relevant stakeholders updated to ensure timely settlement of employees’ dues.
Key Result Areas:
16. Escalate employee queries on time and ensure their compliance with the applicable policies and procedures.
17. Update employee data in the HRMS system.
18. Monitor employee medical insurance processes.
19. Execute all the employee exit activities in a timely manner.
20. Provide the HRIS required support.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Certificate in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or any other related field.
• 1-2 years of related experience of in a similar position / responsibility.
• Previous experience in Oil & Gas industry and regional experience is preferred
About the Company
N-KOM is one of Middle East's leading shipyards, offering a comprehensive range of marine services as well as solutions for the oil and gas industry.
Strategically located at the heart of oil and gas activities in the Arabian Gulf, Nakilat-Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM) combines a wealth of experience and expertise from its parent companies Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat) and Keppel Offshore & Marine (KOM), to provide repair, conversion and construction services for marine vessels, offshore and onshore structures.
Spanning over 50 hectares, the comprehensive facility is equipped with two graving docks and a floating dock that can easily accommodate VLCCs, quays and piers offering a total berthage capacity of 3,150m, a range of workshops ideally situated in front of the drydocks, more than 500,000sqm of fabrication area and sub-contractor facilities on-site, thus enhancing the shipyard's flexibility and capabilities.
With a team of experienced industry professionals, extensive infrastructure and track record of safe, quality and timely project executions, N-KOM has rapidly established itself as the preferred shipyard in the Middle East.