Job description / Role
Engineer - Mechanical - Pump stations
Main Purpose of the Job:
As the Assistant engineer - mechanical you will be supporting the Senior Engineer in overseeing all mechanical components to be installed on the 19.7m3/s pumping station. This role will play a pivotal role in the design review team.
* Support in reviewing the contractors concept design submissions for suitability and compatibility with the requirements of the specification.
* Knowledge of large capacity submersible pumps operating at around 2 cubic meters capacity and control gates
* Deep hydraulic primary control structures such as roller gates and penstocks
* Assist the Senior Mechanical Engineer in reviewing design, installation and operational knowledge of large pumping station mechanical components
Essential Candidate Requirements:
* Degree in Mechanical engineering from an accredited university
* Professional Engineering Registration or a Chartered Engineer from a recognized professional institution
* Minimum 10 years demonstrable experience of similar works
* Must have experience in managing, reviewing and approving of design documents and drawings associated with the screening and transfer of flows in deep stormwater/sewerage pumping stations and other associated process type buildings
* Shall be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the following
* Deep well storming water pumping station design
* Design for mechanical plant (pumps, screens, cranes, valves)
* Pipe line design and hydraulic calculations
* Peer review mechanical contract documents, calculations & reports
* Knowledge of mechanical specifications and datasheets
* Knowledge of pumping station operation and maintenance
* Experience with Site inspection and supervision of contractors.
* In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice.
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald’s uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world’s largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.