Job description / Role
- Manage, direct and approve all Engineering required to deliver a safe, reliable and cost efficient Pioneer Camp for the client Onshore Project.
- Leads the Pioneer Camp engineering activities, provide clear and concise direction to the EPC contractor engineering team.
- Provide leadership and coordination with all other groups to support procurement, construction and commissioning/start-up activities.
- Coordinates with Engineering Support Manager for discipline support.
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
- Manage the Pioneer Camp engineering execution and to ensure contractor delivers to plan.
- Prepare and release a variety of regular and ad-hoc reports to Management as well as correspondence/memorandum to coordinate work activities.
- Monitor performance of contractors, sub-contractors, consultants, PMT and service providers supervised and develops KPIs to assist in developing and executing mitigations when plans are not being achieved.
- Understand interdiscipline dependancies to be able to make judgements on overall technical decisions having multi-dicisipline impacts. Applies risk management techniques to facilitate decision making
- Clear understanding of change management process and leads team to document and justify and manage risks associated with design change.
- Lead effort to develop engineering execution plans to support procurement, construction and commissioning to ensure plans are clearly understood by the CONTRACTOR and PMT and are jointly working as a team to drive to key milestones to support execution sequence.
- Develop engineering surveillance plan, including key areas for SME support to ensure client design meets the project objectives.
- Bachelors' Degree in Engineering.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 20 years' experience in Oil and Gas industry, experience with design and execution of camps. Understanding key design issues for the design of camps, including fire safety systems, kitchen, mess hall design and support utilities systems.
- Field engineering experience is desirable
- Experience with RLIC requirements is desirable
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.
A Leading Real Estate Company In Qatar
Operations Director - Facility Management