Job description / Role
Engineering Kitchen & Laundry Specialist
The position is responsible for daily engineering sections to support the hotel operations.
- All departments within the hotel.
- Contractors of respective engineering services.
- Vendors of respective equipment suppliers.
Daily Engineering operations
- Operates the facilities to deliver a comfortable room temperature to hotel areas as required.
- Operates the facilities to deliver clean water to the respective services in the hotel as required.
- Operates the equipment to deliver hot water to the respective services in the hotel as required.
- Operates the equipment to deliver clear and sharp images from the television and satellites equipment to hotel guest suites as required.
- Operates the equipment to deliver audio visual support to the hotel event as required.
- Assists and supports the emergency operations team during an emergency and a crisis in a timely and efficient manner.
- Rectifies equipment and facilities breakdown as required.
- Replaces faulty components / lighting bulbs as required.
- Responds to requests relating to technical issues from hotel patrons in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collects daily utilities meter readings and verify plant / equipment are in proper operations as required.
- Patrols hotel grounds to verify fire and safety risk as required.
- Patrols hotel grounds to verify all lightings on hotel grounds operate within the preset timings as required.
Plant and facilities services
- Operates plant facilities to support every aspect of hotel operations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Checks and inspects the scheduled works carried out by service contractors.
- Rectifies / Repairs damaged furniture to the highest quality level and in a timely manner.
- Rectifies / Paints defective building surfaces to the highest quality level and in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoots / Rectifies / Repairs break down equipment in the kitchens to ensure longevity and operational readiness at all times.
- Troubleshoots / Rectifies / Repairs break down equipment in the laundry to ensure longevity and operational readiness at all times.
- Operates the hotel elevators and dumbwaiters as required.
- Operates the hotel swimming pool and water fountains as required.
- Operates the hotel fire protection services as required.
- Operates the hotel drainage and sanitary system as required.
- Operates the hotel television and satellites system as required.
- Operates the hotel public music system as required.
- Operates the hotel lightings and dimming system as required.
- Reviews inventory level of equipment and parts for operations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Constructs parts and furniture to support the operational needs of other department as required.
- To ensure public is protected during maintenance works at all times and proper as well as approved signage is in place at all times.
INVOLVEMENT IN WIDER JOB FUNCTION ACTIONS / RELATIONSHIPS
- Upholds Accor Values of Guest Passion, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation, Trust and Respect, in the execution of all duties and responsibilities.
- Participates and supports sustainability in Corporate initiatives and programmes such as Planet 21 - Corporate Social Responsibility, Diversity and Inclusion, Women at Accor Generation, etc.
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
Main Complexity / Critical issues in the Job
- Language and communication issues with foreign hotel patrons.
- Limited capabilities on use of new technology devices.
Span of Control
- Within Engineering budget, supporting overall hotel goals
Knowledge and Experience
- Nitec Certificate in Building Facilities Maintenance.
- Nitec Certificate in Electrical / Electronics.
- Nitec Certificate in Air conditioning servicing.
- Nitec Certificate in Plumbing.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the hotel industry.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Detailed Engineering knowledge.
- Planning ahead.
- Great communicator.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of colleagues.
- Service oriented professionalism.
- Ability to contribute in a team environment.
- Multicultural awareness to work with colleagues from diverse cultures.
- Responsive to change within the team.
- Sense of urgency and able to set priorities.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.