Job description / Role
- Guide of research and knowledge acquisition in order to propose a design of a new product as required by clients.
- Evaluate the company products and improve it to the maximum values considering cost effectiveness.
- Performing product prototyping and design testing to ensure suitability of newly developed products for production.
- Supervising of the manufacturing for the first order of new products and solutions.
- Lead the research and innovative design concepts generation for all new products and solutions designs and development
- Determine the engineering methodology, Creating and improving the engineering and R&D process.
- Develop the current company’s products with suitable technology.
- Improve the technology, products and manufacturing systems to be aligned with the market.
- Develop and manage the system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Select the appropriate strategies of engineering and R&D to cope with market changes
- Establish, develop, and maintain work strategy and objectives.
- Planning and executing strategies for completing projects on time
- Prepare and manage operational budget for department as per the company strategy.
- 15 years and above work experience and 5 years of work experience in similar position.
- Experience in Design Engineering of Surface Wellhead, X-mas tree equipment’s and Valves manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Solid relevant background and experience in similar position
- Experience working in GCC is beneficial
- Experience in Design Engineering of Surface Wellhead, X-mas tree equipment’s and Valves manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- MBA in General Management is preferred
- Exposure to relevant Software like SOLIDWORKS, ANYSIS, AutoCAD
- Experience in using ERP System like SAP, Oracle and PLM
- Sound understanding of API 6A & API 6D Standard specifications and requirements.
- Ability to manage tight timelines
- Ability to lead projects and design reviews
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- A track record of problem solving and customer support for API 6A products
ABOUT THE CLIENT
A global leader for the oil and gas industry. Manufacturing and servicing wellhead equipment, valves, actuators and flow control products.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
Ignite Search & Selection
Ignite Search & Selection
Mechanical Design Engineer
General Manager - Construction