Job description / Role
Parsons is now hiring an experienced Environmental Engineer to join our office in Doha with a desire to work on sustainability projects that change the fabric of our community. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance.
We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills. In this role you will be mitigating environmental concerns such as contaminated soil; abandoned underground storage tanks (USTs), asbestos pipe, rail road ties, and wells; and archaeological findings or impacts to cultural resources. This position entails managing the environmental permit processes such as storm water, petroleum impacted water, and TPDES. You will be involved in reviewing the data and contributing to the preparation of various environmental reports that are submitted to the client and regulatory agencies, including Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs).
You will be actively engaged in supporting the construction teams in minimizing impact of soil contamination or construction activities (dust control, construction water disposal, etc.). The key to your success will be your ability to help our client execute mitigation strategies in a fiscally responsible manner to assure compliance with local, state and federal regulations, schedule performance, and community safety.
- Performs engineering tasks and particularly important engineering work efficiently and accurately.
- Extracts engineering information from CAD drawings. Prepares engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
- Completes a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes.
- Frequently interfaces with other Engineering disciplines as well as other departments.
- Prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials. Reviews supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
- Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- Provides technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower level Engineers working on the same project.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 10 years of related work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering (or closely related field) from an accredited institution
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- Extensive design experience
- MMUP registered
- Arabic Speaker
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.