Job description / Role
WSP are looking to appoint Environmental Engineers for our infrastructure projects in Qatar, to manage all environmental and sustainability aspects during construction phases.
Key objectives of the role:
• Assess environmental and sustainability performance at the project-specific levels
• Assist in the enforcement of the company’s and project's environmental and sustainability policies and systems
• Review environmental and sustainability reports/submissions in design and construction, including, but not limited to, Environmental Permit Applications (EPAs), Ground Investigations (GIs) for geotechnical and geo-environmental scope of works, Terms of Reference and Scope of Works (ToR & SoW), Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs), Framework Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMPs), Work Orders, Tender Documents, etc.
• Contribute to program-wide environmental and sustainability processes, procedures, guidance notes, plans, policies, forms, etc. as needed.
• Contribute to environment and sustainability reporting requirements.
• Attend environmental and sustainability and other relevant/associated meetings/workshops, as necessary.
• Perform environmental and sustainability audits and inspections in design and construction phases and provide assessments/results (including non-compliance reports).
• Provide environmental and sustainability technical support to the construction teams.
• Coordinate with all necessary internal and external stakeholders to support the successful delivery of projects as appropriate within the environmental and sustainability scope.
• Support administrative functions within the environmental and sustainability team.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• BSc in a relevant discipline.
• Minimum 14 years of experience, as well as local experience in Qatar
• Client management skills
• Strong communication skills
• Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the project team
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
A Leading Company In Qatar
HSE Engineer - High Rise
Assistant Resident Engineer (Drainage/Sewerage)