Job description / Role
• Manage the project construction preparation, site coordination, work management of DOPET EPC Oil & Gas Projects.
• Project Managers activities
• Assist the Manager - Projects in leading initiatives to improve the Project Operations and deliveries.
• Ensure proper interfaces with Manager - Projects and other site stakeholders to provide for a collaborative work environment to make best decision for projects.
• Directly responsible for the execution and the performance of the Senior Project Engineers and Project Engineers.
• Responsible for ensuring achievement of the Project Engineers KPIs associated with site operations-based activities and have a clear way to track performance to achieve maximum incentive.
• Manage communications internal and external to promote positive image of the projects.
• Create a multicultural, multi expertise team with a strong focus of collaborative approach in order to delivery oriented.
• Ensuring the Project Engineers has the tools and support to reach the project completions.
• Decide actions taken for improvement of Quality/HSE management system.
• Perform any other task, to the best of the ability of the job holder that the management may request from time to time.
Project Management Cost
• Monitor and control the costs of the Operations Department that may impact company’s financial stability.
• Forecast and program the long-term and short-term budget of Operations Department requirements.
• Manage Project Operations staffing effectively to ensure continuity of its department’s business.
• Capable to interview and select the right expertise for Project Operations Management Team.
• Ensure the availability of all resources required to perform assigned tasks and activities.
• Supervise subordinate staff, assign work activities, monitor performance and review results.
• Identify Project Operations training and career development and recommend training courses and follow-up on their personnel records such as timesheets, discipline, vacations, leaves and absenteeism.
• Manage priorities brought forward by the Manager – Projects and Operations Manager
• Attend Ad Hoc Operations Management meeting required by the Operations Manager.
• Attend weekly Management meeting presided by the Manager Projects and/ or Operations Manager.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
• Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of departmental systems, policies, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practices’ in order to improve productivity and operational efficiency.
• Ensure effective business systems and processes are in place and provide critical input to support the development of Operations Department systems, policies, processes, and procedures in order to meet business requirements.
• Ensure team members comply with all Operations Department policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Quality, Health, Security, Safety and Environment
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and relevant quality, health, safety, security and environmental procedures and controls across the Operations Department to guarantee employee safety and delivery of high quality products/services.
• To be accountable for the acts and omissions.
• To follow agreed safe systems of work; to follow training and instructions; and to report accidents, incidents, and near-miss.
• To stop work if it is unsafe.
• Present reports in a timely and accurate manner to the Management in order to meet the Project Operations requirements, policies and standards.
• Provide Management with the updated Project Operations KPI results and analysis of business performance.
• Required (Qualification / Discipline): Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Preferred (Qualification / Discipline): Post-Graduate Degree or master’s in mechanical engineering
• Required (Years/ Job Level/ Industry)
• Must have minimum of 10 years of solid work experience as Project Manager / Management Level / Oil & Gas Industry.
Preferred (Years/ Job Level/ Industry)
• PMP / Projects and Operations Management with strong Project Operation Management experience with company setting in EPIC (Engineering, Procurement, Installation and Commissioning), Sales - Oil & Gas, Shutdown and Manpower Supply.
• Required (Language / Level): English - Proficient
About the Company
Catering to the fields like Oil, Gas, Petrochemical and Utilities Industries, both onshore and offshore, DOPET has now grown into one of the largest mechanical construction companies in Qatar.
Powered by a dedicated team of professionals, a strong workforce and sophisticated machineries and equipment, DOPET has successfully carried out EPIC Projects and diverse assignments in areas like Fabrication and Installation of Piping & Structural, Fabrication of Pressure Vessels & Tanks, Electrical, Instrumentation, Valve Overhauling, etc.
The key to our growth is the dedicated teamwork and commitment to quality and to client's satisfaction, which has enabled us to provide outstanding services to our valued clients. Our extensive workshops and fabrication facilities at the Salwa Industrial Area and at Ras Laffan, are used to support our site works. DOPET's workshops and construction divisions are supported by a modern and fully equipped plant and maintenance facility to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest degree and availability.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager
Ignite Search & Selection
Senior Project Manager / Project Director