Job description / Role
Responsible for securing and evaluating data in order to determine a project’s costs and estimating the overall impact of the project on the organization and make sure that the amount of finance included in that particular project reaps profit for the company.
• Analyze drawings and specifications.
• Understand contractual terms and conditions.
• Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for Stipulated Price, Design-Build and Construction/Project Management formatted projects.
• Provide clear detailed quantity take-offs.
• Organize sub-contractors’ quotations, negotiate to insure quotes meet contract documents and issue properly documented purchase orders.
• Complete Budgeting and Scheduling for projects and track same. Monitor progress requisition changes orders and identifies any potential risks.
• Maintain relationships with sub-contractors and clients.
• Ensure site personnel is provided with proper documentation related to the project.
• Work with and deal with concerns of field personnel.
• Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labor costing.
• Formulate cost break down from estimates and for project progress.
• Meet with potential clients to discuss options for proposed services.
• Complete tender documents for submission.
• Prepare specifications and/or Contractors proposals.
• Submit tenders and follow up.
• Post tender negotiations.
Key Responsibilities :
• Maintain contract documentation and advise on pre-tender and post contract matters.
• Preparation and issue of contractual letters to clients and/or sub-contractors.
• Post contract liaison with clients.
• Post contract liaison with the design team.
• Carry out take-offs for material procurement.
• Sub-contract negotiation and letting.
• Preparation and submission of interim valuations.
• Site measurement.
• Manage and value variations.
• Agreement and certification of sub-contractors interim valuations and final accounts.
• Preparation and submission of several works final account.
• Agreement of final accounts.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills.
• Good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
• Good IT skills - particularly Word and Excel.
• Should be highly flexible & adaptable and able to work effectively with a multicultural workforce.
• Familiarity with metal fabrication and structural steel shapes.
• Knowledgeable on project documentation and its standards.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word Pad and Outlook and project management applications.
• Excellent Organizational skills.
Education & Experience:
• Educated to diploma / Degree level in Quantity Surveying
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in the Steel Structural Fabrication sector...
• Good organizing skills, team management skills, communication, and interpersonal skills, flexible, work ethics, attention to detail, honest and reliable.
• GCC Driving license desired.
About the Company
KBC Engineering Co. W.L.L. was incorporated in Doha - Qatar in 1994, as an associate of the SASCO Group of companies. The company offers services such as Pre Fabricated Buildings, Hot Rolled Steel structures and various other industrial solutions, to suit the specific requirement of our clients. KBC takes pride in its innovative concepts and systems and systems and genuine efforts to provide customixed solutions.
KBC is managed by experienced professionals with a team of qualified engineers, supervisors anf highly skilled technicians. We have completed hundreds of projects for our clients, well within the planned budget and time frame at various locations across the state.
The fully automated and equipped workshops are capable of taking up technically challenging projects and ensuring their completion with the highest precision. KBC possesses the capacity to complete projects well within the planned period of time which is a pre requisite to stay afloat in the industry. The ability to complete quality projects on time has earned KBC the name "FAST TRACK STEEL BUILDERS".
We are committed to the pursuit of value creation and transparancy through profitable growth. Our prime focus is on competitive pricing, quality assurance and timely delivery.