Job description / Role
The Estimation Manager will carry out tendering process and pricing of new projects being tendered and
and interprets the commercial requirements and risks associated with Contracts, corresponding drawings and specifications associated with each project.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings and attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Provide complete conceptual (or bid work) and final estimating input on complex projects.
- Track awarded contracts as required which may include estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders; procuring materials, preparing subcontracts, etc.
- Adept in handling Estimation & pre contract related activities involving cost planning & budgeting for Bids.
- Evaluation of tenders and BOQ, Review contract, commercial terms and asses’ risks.
- Prepare and submit accurate cost estimation and competitive commercial offers.
- Coordinate with Project Execution team and commercial for monitoring costs (Cost Control).
- Preparation of estimation for variation works, valuations and claims.
- Correspondence with client, consultant and contractor in getting the tender and project Estimation of budget cost considering the drawings and soil conditions of construction site
- Analyze the project documents and coordinate with the Procurement Department for available Raw Material Suppliers and their Price as per the specifications & drawings received.
- Receive all Quotations for the Raw Materials from Procurement Department and review the same for the best possible offer.
- Liaison with consultant and attending progress meetings.
- Study tenders from start to finalize with client/consultant including follow up with suppliers, subcontractors’ quotations & finalizing with them & propose engineering value for some activities to assure quality of work & to select alternative materials without effecting of quality & assure that the material used must be durable & within the specification.
- Follow material from stage of enquiry, submittals, negotiation for price, delivery, payment issues.
- Setup kickoff, status calls, meetings and ensured bid management progression.
- Create the bid plan, coordinate deliverables from internal and external contributors, set up calls and organized bid reviews, ensure systems and databases are maintained.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering is a MUST.
- Minimum 15+ years work experience in estimation, proposals and project execution in infrastructure and roads construction.
- Advanced knowledge of estimation strategies and techniques.
- Thorough understanding of construction, contracts and terminology.
- Experience working with leading contractor, performing multi-million estimates for infrastructure projects.
- Good knowledge of the local market including sub-contractors.
- Proficient with engineering software applications; Computer proficiency required.
About the Company
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting is a Grade "A" Qatari Contracting Company, which specializes in project management, construction, execution and Design Build for road works and infrastructure projects.
BOTC is highly committed to continuously upgrading its performance to keep pace with the emerging needs of the market and ultimately achieve client satisfaction. BOTC recognises that its success comes from and is attributed to its engineers and staff. Without their commitment, ingenuity, and hard work, BOTC would not be the success story it is today or the company we are striving to be tomorrow.
BOTC has a long history of delivering its projects on time, within budget and to the high quality demanded by the client. These are the traditions that made BOTC valued by its clients, and as our CEO, Dori Labaki says: "The road to a successful partnership is paved with guaranteed quality and unrivaled professionalism. Here at BOTC, we have secured an award-winning reputation with our clients built on mutual respect and shared value, and have grown into a leading business institution in Qatar. It is with this confidence that we look forward to many more years of prosperity ahead."