Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Estimator DEPARTMENT: OES
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Full time / Contract REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
- To assume the responsibility to coordinate and prepare tender prices and quantities from a scope of work (SOW), detailing all resources and calculating cost estimates for projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review the SOW to assess tender suitability, resource requirements, budget / quantity estimations, risks and special conditions and prepare an executive summary.
- Identify the most competitive options relating to cost whilst satisfying the requirement/expectations of client.
- Liaise with and prepare value engineering, alternatives and proposals for clients without sacrificing quality.
- Collate all information and compile high quality proposal / tender documents for submission to Client.
- Liaise with clients with change order estimating as required by jobs in progress and gain approvals.
- Maintain and update statistics, norms, methods and data, providing a comprehensive/reliable source of information.
- Value analysis of documentation and prepare budget comparisons between current and previous estimates
- Responsible for generating competitive target costs for new and existing Contracts
- Comply with all company QHSE policies, practices and procedures.
- Contribute to the team ethic and perform other reasonable duties as required in support of the business.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Time served in a mechanical / engineering discipline ideally a Graduate .
- Must have a proven track record and minimum 10 years work experience of which 5 years progressive experience in mechanical estimating within an internationally recognised service/repair/maintenance/shutdown/machine shop environment.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location.
- Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and as part of a team and have a full working knowledge of cost analysis and estimating techniques and preferably with GCC experience.
- Familiar with all aspects of engineering and machine shop work and able to read technical drawings and interpret customer sketches.
- Attentive to detail and have a full understanding of international standards for design and engineering projects such as ISO, API etc.
- The post holder must have a strong understanding of the tendering process and be a talented and experienced negotiator.
- Autonomous in the post and must interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Doha Petroleum Construction Company (DOPET)