Job description / Role
- Prepare marine and non-marine tenders and cost estimates.
- Perform estimating tasks as assigned, ensuring that the estimating services provided would enhance the company’s image as being a full service provider and competitively priced contractor.
- Review , inspect , clarify , interpret and develop detailed scope of work for every project / Job enquired by the client.
- Prepare quotations based on clients repairs specifications , visit the sites / vessels for estimating the job scope prior to preparing quotes , prepare technical tender specification and forward to manager – Estimation & invoicing.
- Monitor the given job in progress with the estimated time frame and budgeted cost & plan.
- Seek cost / estimate for materials and specialist / subcontractors jobs.
- Visit on – board ship / work site for work follow up and preparation of additional quotes / invoicing on daily basis.
- Prepare and submit daily updates cost to client for major projects.
- Finalize repair invoices with owner prior to departure of vessel.
- Prepare draft invoice with details pertaining to quoted prices , actual booking cost , cost incurred and forward to manager – Estimation & invoicing.
- To coordinate with other departments within the company for issues relating to all kinds of resource plans for cost estimation of jobs.
- Coordinate with the sales team to meet the customer expectation.
- Perform any other duties assigned by manager – Estimation & invoicing and V.P- Shipyard.
Education& Professional Qualification:
- Diploma in Engineering
- 5 to 10 years experience in estimation and invoicing in shipyards
- Proficiency in MS Office and web applications
- Business fluent English and knowledge of Hindi will be an added advantage
Market / Industry / Functional Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of estimation practices and techniques.
- Research skills and analytical thinking.
- Strong knowledge of general repair, outfitting and fabrication operations and services, mechanical and electrical engineering, hull coating and steel repairs.
About the Company
Qatar Navigation (Milaha) Q.P.S.C. was established in July 1957, as the first public shareholding company registered in Qatar and holds commercial registration no. 1. The Company has since evolved, expanded and diversified into maritime transportation, gas, petroleum products, containers and bulk, offshore support services, port management, logistics services, shipyard, trading agencies, real estate, and asset management.
The legal entity, Qatar Navigation Q.P. S.C. (QNNS:QD), is publicly listed on the Qatar Exchange.
Management Solutions International (MSI)
Civil Estimator - Construction Contractor
Ignite Search & Selection
Junior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor