Job description / Role
The Events Coordinator meets with shareholders before the event and then executes required tasks to guarantee its smooth functioning. The role is a shift pattern with non-standard hours.
As this position is based in Doha, Qatar and offers no relocation assistance, GU-Q is looking for locally based candidates only. This is a full time, non-sponsored position that requires all applicants to already have the necessary sponsorship to live and work in Qatar.
• Respond to inquiries from vendors, guests, and participants regarding GU-Q events;
• Coordinate with Communications team regarding media relations, invitations, and advertising;
• Coordinate with Building Operations team to determine event locations, and to arrange for parking, security, set-up etc;
• Coordinate with the Finance team for any purchasing;
• Coordinate with IT team to ensure proper Audio Visual set up and services;
• Coordinate with Auxiliary Services for pantry services, transportation, extra cleaning, office supplies;
• Post signage in the building and arrange with Building Operations team for external signage;
• Prepare risk assessment for assigned events;
• Present safety briefings at the beginning of events;
• Supervise entire catering function for event – including contracting the caterer, monitoring the set up and food hygiene;
• Ensure that events are posted to the appropriate GU-Q calendar;
• Coordinate required supplies for events: office supplies, decorations, entertainment supplies;
• Attend the events in the shift to provide support and trouble shoot;
• Manage registration and attendee tracking at the event;
• Coordinate invitation labeling in a timely manner to allow for mailing or delivery;
• Coordinate Volunteers;
• Keep event attendance records, including event successes and difficulties for future improvement;
• Manage the database (Salesforce) contact information;
• Act as administrator for the Events Software;
• Maintain inventory of events supplies including academic regalia, decorations, etc.;
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma;
• 3+ years of experience in events, preferably at a higher education or non-profit institution;
• Strong command of the English language, both verbally and in writing;
• Knowledge and understanding of special events management and conference/event planning;
• Ability to handle a multitude of tasks;
• Ability to adapt and respond positively to changing circumstances or priorities;
• Proficiency with MS Office;
• Flexibility to work in shift pattern;
• Proficiency in Arabic an asset.
About the Company
Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) is located on the Education City campus in Doha, Qatar and offers a variety of lifelong learning opportunities for the community. The four-year Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service (BSFS) degree program is delivered by the world renowned Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service with a curriculum that is identical to that offered to students in Washington, D. C. Each year, GU-Q admits a class of approximately 75 students, primarily from the Middle East, South Asia and Southeast Asia. GU-Q is sponsored by Qatar Foundation and is one of six American universities located within Education City. All students have access to a superb range of recreational and housing facilities offered by Qatar Foundation and they take classes in classrooms equipped with state of the art technology. The campus currently boasts the presence of the largest public access library in Qatar. The compensation, benefits, terms of employment and professional development opportunities for GU-Q faculty and staff are highly competitive.