Job description / Role
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain positive relationships with all guests, vendors, Colleagues and global sales network.
- Actively sell guest rooms to small groups, ensuring monthly and quarter goals are met.
- Solicit new business, engage new clients, and rebook existing clients.
- Confirm and review function details with clients prior to arrival.
- Meet clients prior to departure to ensure all details of the contract were delivered and to solicit any future business.
- Maintain accounts, contact, activity and business details within the appropriate software applications.
- Conduct pre convention meetings as required.
- Work closely with the Culinary team and Front Office team to communicate group details.
- Obtain rooming list details and request deposits where applicable.
- To follow departmental policies and procedures.
- To follow all safety policies.
Level of Education
- Bachelor / Licence
Areas of study
- 1 to 2 years
Essential and optional requirements
- Bachelor's degree and/or Hotel Management degree/diploma and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience as events representative in hotel industry.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Good knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering & PMS systems in order to be competent in checking bedroom and meeting space availability.
- Applicable job-related skills as per accountable duties.
- Excellent customer service skills, superior interpersonal skills, results-oriented and highly self-motivated.
- Able to multi-task, work under pressure and learn new technologies.
- Fluent in English. Arabic and 3rd language would be a plus.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Assistant Sales Manager
Ali Bin Ali Group
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)