Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities
• In conjunction with the CEO, create and implement an annual overall strategic development plan of Artan and its business units.
• In conjunction with the CEO, create an annual forecast plan of Artan’s financial growth projection.
• In liaison with the CEO, take primary responsibility for development of budgets throughout the businesses and ensure that they are met and to time.
• Ensure internal policy is in-line with Group policy and reviewed annually.
• Prepare and submit quarterly report on general business progress and developments to the CEO.
• Develop new business and generate new revenue streams.
• Promote the business through various marketing channels and communications.
• Act as “ambassador” for Artan Holding within wider Qatar community.
• Monitor that all Head Office Human Resources policies and procedures are being adhered to and practiced at the workplace.
• Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
• Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the management and staffs, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
• Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
• Must publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
• Must establish good working relationships and cooperative arrangement within the BSUs and SBUs.
• Must oversee the heads of each department.
• Must identify the risks to the organization’s group (clients, staff, and management) image and implement measures to control risk.
• Local market knowledge
• Leadership and management principles
• Behave Ethically
• Focus on clients and employee needs
• Solve problems
• Think strategically
• Organize and plan
• More than Fifteen years experience of which minimum of Six years should be at the management level
• Prior experience in a competitive market (preferably in the GCC)
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in business or related discipline
• Formal education qualifications would be an asset
About the Company
Artan Holding is a Qatari-owned company with a diverse portfolio of businesses including:
- Doha British School established in 1997, an international school for pupils from KG to Year 13.
- Mirage International Property Consultants established in 2004, a real estate company specializing in the sale, leasing and facilities management of commercial and residential properties in Qatar and around the world.
- Qatar Skills Academy established in 2010, a training academy providing accredited vocational education and training.
- House of Architecture and Interiors established in 2012, an architecture and design company offering diversified interiors solutions through integrated services and products.