Executive Director - Commercial
Job description / Role
The Executive Director Commercial strategically oversees and manages the cluster sales, marketing and events team to ensure maximum revenue, promotional coverage and marketing opportunities are achieved for both Raffles Doha and Fairmont Doha.
This includes the responsibility to lead, drive and achieve revenue and RevPAR goals for room sales, banquet and Food and Beverage sales through strategic planning and implementation of sales, marketing and any product development programs (both short and long term), targeted toward both existing and new markets. Sales segments can be sub-categorized into leisure (including retail, and tour operator), corporate, social events, weddings and MICE.
This also includes support of the Raffles and Fairmont Spa and Wellness facilities in their revenue goals through sales and marketing support, as well as Talent and Culture with marketing and communication support.
This role also leads the Corporate Social Responsibility strategy for the Hotel with the Raffles Outreach program.
Observes and adheres to the Values of Accor, i.e. Guest Passion, Respect, Innovation, Trust, Sustainable Performance and Spirit of Conquest.
Internally (excludes your immediate supervisor(s) and subordinates)
- General Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Executive Assistant Managers, Rooms Division / Food and Beverage including Executive Director Culinary and the Executive Chefs
- Executive Director of Finance.
- Executive Director of Revenue Management.
- Executive Director of Talent and Culture.
- Raffles and Fairmont Brand Teams
- Accor Regional and Corporate office.
- Accor Global and Luxury Sales.
- Travel Trade Partners.
- Industry Strategic Partners (e.g. Tourism Board, NHB, Airlines, Banks, etc).
- Media / Journalists.
- Government VIPs / Embassies.
- Key Corporate/Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and exhibitions (MICE) and CE clients.
- Key Luxury Accounts / Agents / Agency Owners.
- Luxury Consortia partners.
- Owner (Katara Hospitality)
OVERSEES AND PROVIDES STRATEGIC DIRECTION TO THE CLUSTER SALES, MARKETING AND EVENTS TEAM
- Develops and manages the annual sales and marketing plan, room revenue and sales and marketing budget.
- Development of Sales and Marketing strategies.
- Representation in key events, tradeshows, sales mission and roadshows to maintain / grow existing markets, as well as to develop new business and markets.
- Keeps abreast of impact of pricing guidelines, parity, booking pace and other challenges affecting sales and revenue.
- Works closely with the Digital Marketing and Marketing Communications teams in effective marketing and public relations functions to achieve established benchmarks and hotel positioning.
- Works closely with the Executive Director Revenue Management to drive the Revpro culture within the hotel.
EXECUTES SUPERVISORY RESPONSBILITIES
- Directs and supervises the sales, marketing and events (including Food and Beverage sales) teams.
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, training colleagues, planning, assigning / delegating work, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining colleagues in conjunction with Talent and Culture; addressing feedback and resolving problems.
RAFFLES AND FAIRMONT OUTREACH CHAMPION
- Leads the Raffles and Fairmont Hotel Corporate Social Responsibility Community Programs
- Supports the nominated committee through the planning and execution process for the hotel's outreach programs.
- Develops a regular activity program for Hotels' colleagues to participate and be involved in.
- Maintains positive relationships with Charities and Associations in the city to build the hotel's profile.
PARTICIPATION IN ACCOR/RAFFLES/FAIRMONT CORPORATE PROGRAMMES
- Actively participates in minimum 3 Corporate Programs such as Planet21, Raffles Outreach, etc.
Main Complexity / Critical issues in the Job
- FIFA World Cup and post event changes
- Increased competition, response to possible impact on Occ% and ADR.
- Global security issues, global economy fluctuations.
- Regional attention within the Middle East on Qatar and state-owned assets.
- Management of our price, services and value-adds delivery.
- Management of guest complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner. (Management of complaints from Sales Clients, Partners, Wedding Couples, whilst overseeing responses on Social Media Channels)
- Internal communications between departments.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum Degree holder or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the hotel industry and senior level sales position.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a luxury hotel in a similar capacity an advantage.
- Experience in strategic and executive planning.
- Experience in development and execution of marketing strategies, advertising campaigns and successful public relations efforts.
- Ability to drive business forward with strategic thinking and sense of urgency.
- Result driven and able to work well under stress.
- Possess the combination of leadership and personality skills.
- Good presentation and influencing skills.
- Problem Solving / Analytical.
- Team player and strong builder of teams.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of management and employees.
- IT Savvy and well versed with systems, able to review and roll-out quick adoption of new technology.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.