Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences. Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
Symbolically intertwined with Qatar's heritage, the Iconic Towers in Lusail are an architectural translation of Qatar's national seal, representing the traditional scimitar swords. Raising gracefully from the podium level, the arched towers will host a luxurious five-star hotel with 361 rooms and suites to cater to discerning business travelers, a lavish six-star hotel with 132 suites to meet the needs of those seeking sophisticated luxury accommodation and 49 branded apartments to become home to permanent residents. State-of-the-art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, VIP movie theatres, signature restaurants and a private Cigar Lounge are to be complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces, as well as office dedicated areas.
The property set to open in 2022. Once completed, the Fairmont Hotel and Raffles Hotel & Residences will join the brand's worldwide portfolio, known to be the world's largest collection of historic and iconic hotels.
As with any Fairmont property around the world, guests will find themselves immersed in a local authentic environment. Similarly when visiting the Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is to deliver thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests .
Has overall responsibility for ensuring smooth and efficient operation of the property and all its equipment, ancillary maintenance and repair services and protection. Also, responsible for maintaining the structural aspects of the hotel as well as the maintenance of grounds and external facilities.
All key roles and responsibilities as mentioned below are for both properties, Fairmont and Raffles Lusail. The Cluster Director of Engineering is responsible for all engineering aspects for both properties.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the daily activities of the department.
- Plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule colleagues to ensure proper coverage.
- Ensure all colleagues are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
- Educate/train colleagues on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all local laws and safety regulations.
- Assist with other duties as assigned and may serve as "manager on duty" as required.
- Maintain and repair the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents.
- Ensure the execution and achievement of the hotel's preventive maintenance program.
- Monitor budget and control expenses within all areas of the department.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financials.
- Establish and maintain procedures to: ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenish supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and to minimize waste.
- Work with Design and Construction team, engineers, and/or outside architects regarding renovations and other such projects; contact contractors for bids and meet with appropriate construction supervisors.
- Assist in determining the security requirements necessary to ensure that hotel property, colleagues, residents and patrons are protected against theft, crime, and other hazards, and/or manage the relationship with a third party security firm contracted for such purposes
- Supports and works with Hygiene on Planet 21 initiatives
- Drives weekly walkthroughs for all BOH/FOH areas
- Drives operation innovation & sustainability projects
- Proficient in all aspects of building operations and facilities management
- Ability to work independently with good interpersonal skills
- A creative, practical and pro-active approach to problem solving
- A proven ability to build, lead and manage a team
- An energetic and dynamic personality
- Good communicator with fluency in English. Ability to communicate in a local language where the hotel operates (e.g. French, Mandarin, Arabic, etc) is desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in hospitality industry and engineering experience with two years in a management capacity
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Operations Director - Facility Management
Projects Director / Operations Manager - Construction Developer
Facility Operations Manager - Client Side
General Manager - FM Service Provider
Big Fish Recruitment