Job description / Role
Executive Pastry Chef
- The most impressive landmark to grace the Doha skyline, La Cigale Hotel lives up to its reputation and introduces new levels of comfort to hotel and leisure facilities in the city.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Department scheduling
- Controlling department inventory in conjunctions with food stores
- Monitor & control department productivity
- Maintaining the standards as determined by the Executive Chef
- Supervise the employees regarding preparation and presentation of finished products for the restaurant and banquet facilities
- Monitor portion control to size, consistency and ingredients standards
- Developing new Menu items to ensure the offering is current and on top of international trends
- Source new products to ensure we are recognized as a food & beverage destination while training the culinary team on cutting edge techniques
- Ensuring that the work area is clean, organized and that the equipment is functional
- All malfunctioning equipment must be reported immediately to reduce work related accidents
- Maintain a good liaison with food and beverage outlets and communicate any concerns, comments or suggestions
- Ensure that staff adhere to health and safety regulations
- Ensure that proper training is given to the staff
- Department payroll and administration is done including scheduling
- Create all new food production requirements for the kitchen department
- Daily ordering of all food production requirements for the department
- Promote teamwork between the kitchen and all other departments, especially Food & Beverage Service employees
- Responsible for the kitchen operation in the absence of Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef
- Responsible for ensuring every employee is working effectively and efficiently as well as improving employee morale and employee relations
- Act as a team leader and take the responsibility for the development of staff, teaching and explanation of new recipes and procedures
- Encourage staff with recycling program and Green Key Committee objectives
- Adheres to Menu Engineering Program
- Employee Performance Reviews and Career Counseling and Coaching
- Daily line checks & quality checks
- Conduct Department Meetings
- Comply with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety programs
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 15 years of experience with extensive time spend in all areas of Pastry
- Must be able to create chocolate & sugar show pieces
- Valid trade qualifications
- Must be an effective supervisor, trainer, administrator and team player with strong communication and organizational skills
- Concise communication skills and effective team and co-worker
- Must be innovative, detail oriented and quality conscious
- Awareness of new trends in presentation and preparation of food, particularly cold food
- Effectively hold apprenticeship program training sessions
- Must be flexible in scheduling to accommodate business demands
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.