Job description / Role
You will oversee the Management and Compliance of the Banks Investment Portfolio. Responsible for conducting Due Diligence on potential Counterparty Investments, Monitoring the Portfolio for Compliance with Internal Policies and Requirements, and Identifying and Reporting on Potential Risks in the Portfolio. Work closely with the Investment Team to ensure that Investments are made in a responsible and compliant manner, while also contributing to the overall stability and success of the Bank.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Investment Risk and Compliance Policies and Programs
- Review and implement Investment Risk and Compliance Strategies and Projects
- Manage and mitigate Financial, Operational, and Reputational Risks
- Oversee the Budgeting and Financial Planning Process for your Department
- Develop and implement Investment Risk and Compliance Policies and Procedures
- Develop and implement Risk Management Policies and Procedures that will guide the identification, assessment, and mitigation of Risks
- Conduct Annual Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti Money Laundry (AML) Review request by Counterparties
- Ensure that all Investment Activities are in Compliance with the Regulations
- Collaborate with Investments Team to manage the development of Investment related Strategies that balance Risk and Return
- Review Risk Assessments
- Build and maintain strong Relationships with Internal Stakeholders,
- Communicate with Senior Management and the Board of Directors on Investment Risk and Compliance matters, and review Reports on the Department's activities and findings.
- Oversee the Management of Direct Reports, set Performance Goals, provide Training opportunities, Guidance, and Mentorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business, or relevant field.
- Professional Certifications such as Financial Risk Manager (FRM); Certified Regulatory and Compliance Professional (CRCP) preferred.
- 15+ years of overall work experience of which 5+ years of work experience in a Manager and/or Director role.
Investment Regulations; Compliance Program Development; Risk Assessment; Operational Risk Management; Market/Credit Risk Analysis; Financial Reporting; Control Testing/Review abilities; Data Analysis; Investor Protection and Regulatory Change Management.
About the Company
Global Bankers Search & Selection Ltd provides specialist recruitment services to Clients in the Banking and Financial Services sector. We work with a diverse range of Organisations and have an excellent track-record of identifying and attracting high-calibre, mid senior executive level Candidates based globally for Permanent, Interim and Contract positions. We also offer a comprehensive, bespoke Search and Selection and Mapping Service.
Our Consultants are experienced professionals with an in-depth knowledge of the industry, so they fully understand the kinds of challenges you face. Our searches span the UK / GCC / MENA / Far East / Asia Pacific Regions. Our network of contacts includes talented professionals within, but not limited to, the following specialisms:
Finance & Accounting Investment Banking / Investment Management Retail Banking Islamic Banking Corporate & Commercial Banking Private Banking & Wealth Management Treasury IT into Finance HR into Banking & Finance Mortgage & Secured Loans Brokerages Lenders & Packagers
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies