Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Fabrication & Welding Supervisor
JOB TYPE: Permanent
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
To assume the responsibility to manage all aspects of welding and fabrication processes, inspection and quality control.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Apply knowledge of welding and fabrication principles, metallurgical properties, base and welding materials to ensure conformance to the specifications and that all welding filler metals used are as specified for material.
• Setting Kerf for various material thicknesses, so as to get the correct required dimensions Adjustment / setting for internal / external cutting and Piercing
• Hands on experience in marking out and checking marking for various forms like tapered cones, segments for manufacture of elbows, Rolled cylinders, Calculating of Dimensions, Cutting to size/weld preparation/Rolling specified dimensions and conforming items are within the design tolerances.
• Knowledge in weld repairs of finished machine components/Methods to minimise the distortion of the components and heat input /temperature, maximum.
• Ensure that all weld, welder and welding activities are correctly specified and carried out in accordance with the relevant international codes, client specifications and applicable company welding procedures.
• Coordination with QC to Inspect and test all welded joints of work for visible defects, correct dimensions, joint strength, bead formation, weld penetration, and conformance with layout, blueprint, and work order specifications.
• Manage workloads and prioritise resources to ensure that all work is completed on time and to the company standards and clients expectation and in compliance with all HSE policies, practices and procedures.
• Maintain a high standard of personnel / workshop / equipment / machines and tooling cleanliness and ensure that all technical / inspection reports are completed and filed in accordance with company standards.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of practices/ procedures / productivity / quality and HSE and assist in the selection, induction, training, performance management and personnel development of staff.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Diploma or degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject. Must have a proven track record in welding/fabrication of Heavy Equipment’s in an internationally recognised engineering manufacturing machine shop.
• Must have strong knowledge of international codes, welding and fabrication techniques and processes.
• Must have in depth knowledge of weld repairs techniques and analysis with a minimum of 10 years experience and must be computer literate and proficient in MS Office applications.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work.
• Can work under own initiative with a full working knowledge of workshop activities, procedures, processes, documents, ISO standards and be able to read and understand and technical drawings.
• Must be familiar in the use of an extensive range of precision measuring and testing equipment.
• Demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi-cultural and multi-functional environment.
• Flexible approach to working hours and location
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.