Job description / Role
Inhabit is an innovative consulting group exclusively focused on providing specialist engineering services with offices across Asia Pacific, the Middle East and UK (www.inhabitgroup.com).
Our recently established office in Doha, Qatar is undertaking new projects with some of Doha’s most prestigious and well respected architecture firms and clients. Due to continued growth, we now have a newly created position for a Façade Engineer to join our close-knit team, reporting to our Regional Manager in Qatar.
This role will suit a highly organised, proactive and enthusiastic individual with knowledge and experience in the following fields: glass, balustrades, curtain wall systems, window wall systems, glazing, fixings, aluminium, precast concrete, architectural steel, lightweight structures and stone cladding.
The role will include:
• Carry out design engineering for façade and build-ability consultancy, including material knowledge and installation techniques
• Perform detailed engineering computations and structural façade analysis
• Provide façade design advice and reporting to clients on buildings projects
• Accountable for all façade documentation including calculations, drawings and specifications
• Review contractor submissions; shop drawings and calculations
• Project management and administration
• Assist in preparing tender submissions
• Attend inspections during construction, installation and fabrication as required
• Communicate with design team as well as work autonomously
• Build and maintain relationships with clients on projects and develop contacts within the façade industry
• Liaise with peers and other disciplines within the Group as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
Please note, you must be eligible to work in the Qatar Financial Centre for this position.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Civil/Structures) - attach Qualifications with CV
• Proven experience in Façade design engineering within a façade consultancy or façade contractor in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)
• Must be experienced in façade system design and reviewing of drawing submissions
• 5+ years' experience with a facade contractor or consultancy in the Middle East
• Familiar with relevant local codes and standards related to facades
• Proficiency in relevant façade & structural finite element software i.e. Strand7, Mepla
• Experience in producing and reviewing calculations for various Façade elements and writing documentation at the different stages of a project
• Excellent problem solving and organisational skills
• Proactive, demonstrate initiative, focus and a strong commitment to your profession
• Able to work independently with some supervision where required
• High proficiency in MS Office
Travel may be required at times
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply Now' button below. Please note, you will need to create an account and upload a CV in order to apply for this position.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and skills of the successful candidate.
We would like to thank all the candidates for their interest, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Company
Inhabit is an innovative consulting group exclusively focused on providing specialist engineering services. We complement traditional engineers and architects and deliver technical input to improve the quality and efficiency of today’s buildings.
We recognise the challenges faced by project teams in appointing, co-ordinating and managing a large number of secondary consultants. We aim to simplify this process by grouping these consulting services together and delivering them in a more efficient and coordinated manner.
With delivery through offices across the UK, Middle East, Asia and Australia, we are able to provide much needed on-the-ground support to our clients. At Inhabit we aim to deliver fully coordinated services incorporating both local constraints and world best practices, in what we believe is the most effective way possible.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Architectural Aluminium Engineer