Job description / Role
Our client, a leading FM service provider, is currently seeking a Facilities Manager to work in an Airport project based in Qatar.
- Conducts walk-throughs and inspects terminal facilities to assess cleanliness, safety and general appearance of all areas and to identify deficiencies
- Initiates work orders requesting additional maintenance and needed repairs from appropriate work groups and personnel
- Monitors planned construction projects in terminal areas ensuring airport tenants acquire required building permits and that necessary safety measures are in place
- Inspects areas under construction to ensure work complies with airport construction code standards
- Ensures a well-managed and well-maintained facility, inspecting completed maintenance and repair work and working with in-house staff and contracted vendors to ensure standards are met
- Meets on a regular basis with airport tenants (e.g., airlines and concessionaires), contractors and departmental staff to review and discuss operational issues including safety, security, planned construction, general maintenance and structural repair needs
- Works closely with airport tenants, responding to and resolving concerns, issues or problems impacting on facility operations and the quality of service to customers
- Inspects food and retail concession areas for overall cleanliness and is authorized to issue sanitation notices in cases were improper refuse disposal, ventilation or other code violations are found
- Ensures that airport tenants comply with departmental and contractual regulations regarding the use and maintenance of terminal areas
- Responds and helps to coordinate department’s response to emergency situations impacting on airport travel and passengers including adverse weather conditions and flight delays
- Maintains operating records on repairs and maintenance work completed for terminals and prepares related reports
- Performs related duties as required
- Must have degree in Electrical Engineering
- Communication and influencing skills, in person and in writing
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to lead and manage teams and projects
- Attention to detail but also the ability to see the implications for the bigger picture
- Commercial awareness
- Customer service
- Organisation, time management, prioritising and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload
- A good knowledge of IT packages
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Technical Facilities Manager