Job description / Role
Main Purpose of Job:
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of hard and soft building services for the project done in conjunction with corporate and international industry standard policies and procedures in environmental, health and safety.
- Liaising with the client to maintain strong communications between the parties to ensure that their objectives and requirements are being met.
- Ability to manage client relations, team management, and contractor and supplier management with a strong financial reporting ability, and motivation to continuously improve all aspects of the operation and quality of service delivery.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver facilities management to the client ensuring that the highest level of quality is maintained.
- Understand and be fully conversant with the trading performance of the project – ensuring that the optimum level of performance is achieved.
- Understand the client’s business culture and objectives, to absorb all changes to this and to ensure that the service is continually delivered to meet the client’s needs.
- Understand fully all emergency procedures and legislation relating to the project and ensure all staff, tenants, contractors and public understand and comply with regulations.
- Implement and communicate Disaster Recovery Plans and Contingency Plans in case of major incident.
- Take full responsibility for the day to day running of the project and provide Duty Management cover where necessary.
- Conduct client relationships at management level to the satisfaction of both client and the company.
- Be fully conversant with and understand the requirements of the contract documentation in terms of responsibilities, obligations and scope of services.
- Identify new opportunities for the development of the partnering relationship with the client and foster long-term relationships.
- Ensure that all survey and reporting materials are delivered to the client on time and to their satisfaction.
- Maintain the level of service at the highest quality within the scope of the survey and reporting materials.
- Ensure that all members of the management team and sub-contractor teams are aware of their roles and obligations within the contract.
- Manage, coach, motivate and develop the on-site company management team in order to achieve the best possible performance for the client at all times.
- Maintain a climate of teamwork and common purpose within the wider on-site team.
- Ensure that the management team maintain all data systems in up to date format at all times.
- Participate in recruitment when required to ensure the maintenance of the highest standard of staff on site.
- Provide information, expertise and knowledge to the management team as required to further develop their skills and experience, and to maximize their effectiveness for the benefit of the client.
- Manage the performance of all sub-contractors on site, through the management team.
- Maintain full overall responsibility for the safety and health of all Company and subcontractor partners staff operating on site and for the Clients employees and guests in respect of all acts and omissions of the team.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate security cover at all times to allow the project to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Responsible for all housekeeping and waste services within the project.
- Ensure all service areas, malls and common parts can be used for the purpose they were designed for and in accordance with business demands
- Build up good relationships with tenants, local community, local services and monitor all area connected with them.
- Control all cost within agreed budgets.
- Develop and agree annual operating budget in association with the client, including an improvement plan.
- Ensure cost effective maintenance and repair of the center working closely with subcontractors.
- Assume total responsibility for the running of the center in the absence of the project manager and ensure management cover during trading hours.
- Provide monthly forecasts of expenditure and attend a contract review meeting each month with the client.
- Manage supplier/client-invoicing processes via the finance department.
- Continually search for and assess all possible opportunities within the operation for improvements in standard of service delivery, encouraging the team to support all efforts to this end.
- Generate innovation for the benefit of the client.
- Strive to push the boundaries of best practice for the benefit of the client.
- Bring into play all professional and specialist resources of the company to the contract as required for the benefit of the client.
- Maintain and achieve ISO 9002 and ISO 14001, if applicable.
- Participate and act on the findings of periodic quality audits.
- Measure supplier performance in line with contracted commitments.
- Be fully aware of and comply with the requirements the insurance policy for the centre and the procedures for claims.
- Be involved in policing the activities of all events/traders on the malls to ensure appropriate standards are maintained
- Assist with the assignment of the contracts.
- Participate with the re-tendering of contracts.
- Ensure employees receive training required and evaluate effectiveness of training procedures.
- Order uniforms, materials and other supplies, when necessary
- Implement the necessary controls to monitor staff performance and hold regular meetings with staff.
- Increase sales turnover by developing new business opportunities and manage, if required, the preparation of bids, invitations to tender, specifications - development and pricing.
- Be responsible for and ensure that accurate and timely invoices are raised for work completed.
- Support and promote the Company Vision and Values, encouraging good performance with the promotion of Employee of The Month and Employee of The Year.
- To fulfill Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Company's Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety management system.
- To support the Company's Quality Policy Statement and actively participate in the achievement of Company and personal Quality objectives.
- To undertake such other duties appropriate to the level and character of work as may reasonably be required within the Department / Service.
- Engineering University degree or master’s degree with strong emphasis in Engineering.
- 15+ years of experience in Facilities Management OD and/or Change Management with strong background in change management methodology required.
- Strong leadership skills and the proven ability to drive organizational change.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Courage to challenge status quo at all levels.
- we value the contribution of all our people in making us a leading organization.
We invest in employee development and we provide a wide range of career opportunities, offering everyone the chance to broaden their experience and build a professionally rewarding career as we work together to deliver innovative solutions for our clients
About the Company
The core business of EFM KW is the management and delivery of integrated facilities management services, either in partnership with our sister construction company, Bouygues on PFI / PPP deals, ETDE in Europe & Middle East or in our own right on outsourcing contracts for both the public and private sectors.
For each contract we aim to manage and deliver our contracted services by the direct employment of all operational, management and support staff. However, we recognise the need for specialist inputs in specific areas and the fact that in some cases it is more economic to employ subcontracted specialists for certain operations. In such cases we would expect to retain full management responsibility for the satisfactory delivery of the subcontracted service.
With our principal policy of directly employing staff wherever possible, we maintain excellent flexibility to deploy and re-deploy staff as necessary between sites to supplement the permanent site contingents. Maximising our directly employed staff also allows us to smooth out peaks and troughs in activity, and provide for contingency planning in the event of emergencies or absenteeism.
Facility Manager/Operations Manager
Big Fish Recruitment
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
|Ras Al Khaimah||3 Aug|
Director of Facilities Management - Retail
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
|Abu Dhabi||15 May|
Operations Director - Facility Management