This position is closed or expired.
See other Mechanical Engineering jobs
Duties and Responsibilities
• Pre-operational phase of new system/equipment :
1. To help develop operational procedures for the designated areas
2. To contribute to ensuring pre-commissioning/commissioning activities
3. Punch listing
• Operational/Normal Running Phase:
1. Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with agreed Health, Safety and Environment practices and procedures as outlined in the Site Management System & Asset Local Rules.
2. Ensure that all activities in the day-to-day operation are carried out in a manner safe for personnel and equipment and minimising the impact on the environment.
3. General housekeeping, isolation and preparation of equipment for maintenance.
4. Continuously monitors conditions of running and static equipment during the course of the shift, is able to Identify problems as they arise and seek appropriate assistance
5. Is able to use all Site electronic information systems.
6. Sampling and laboratory testing in plant lab.
7. Logs and acts on Lab results
8. Liaises with Panel Operator and co-workers
9. Communication of events to Shift Supervisor and oncoming shift personnel
10. Liaison with other operators and flexibility to work in other areas should it be required
11. Trouble shoot and analyse process conditions continuously during the course of the shift to maintain optimal operation
12. Understands his role in maintaining the Site Safety and Environment plan
13. Communicates relevant changing conditions and situations to Panel Operator & Shift Supervisor
Key Job Dimension
• Pre operational phase of new system/equipments:
1. Development of Work Instructions and Procedures for the designated area
2. Assisting in pre-commissioning/commissioning of equipment
3. Acquiring knowledge of processes, equipment and systems including vendor information
• Operational/Normal running Phase
1. Monitoring of equipment and process conditions
2. Assisting to ensure the clean, safe, effective and optimal operation of the designated utilities/refining plant and equipment
3. Assisting in operations with flawless start up and shutdown
• Position Challenges:
1. Act as coach and mentor to co workers and Qatari Nationals and develop them to be qualified as Senior Field/Field Operators.
2. Knowledge of the limitations and operating windows of the operating ASUs, Steam & Power equipments and Water Effluent Treatment & Water Systems.
3. Adapt to the adverse weather while working on site.
• Technical Diploma (e.g. HND)
• Minimum 5 years Operational experience as field operator preferably in sour Gas treatment, NGL plants, SRU/SCOT units, or Gas receiving and condensate stabilization in LNG/ gas plants, refineries or chemical plants -
• Demonstrate ability to work in a team of operators in a multicultural environment and must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Fluency in English both in writing and verbal is mandatory - Understands and can Identify when a unit or piece of equipment is deemed unsafe to continue running.
• Can think and act under pressure.
• Can Identify when equipment is requiring urgent maintenance
About the Company
Orion Engineering was established in 1987 to supply Engineering personnel to the Oil and Gas Industry. Since then the company has grown significantly and presently has in excess of 4000+ personnel on secondment worldwide.
Our blue chip client list includes major oil companies such as Shell, BP, Chevron Texaco and Exxon Mobil and major engineering contractors and suppliers such as Technip, Wood Group. Talisman and Wormald Tyco.
The division has offices at various strategic locations throughout the world including London, Houston, Aberdeen, Lagos, Doha, Singapore and 5 offices throughout Kazakhstan.