Job description / Role
Location: Doha, Qatar
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 350 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectiivity systems.
We are currently looking for a Field Support Engineer- RADAR to join the Thales team in Qatar.
Role & Responsibilities:
As part of the Customer Support and Services business, you will integrate the Qatar Service Center to perform the responsibilities of a RADAR systems engineer. The candidate will provide technical support in the area of RADAR MASTER T and M systems; the candidate's responsibilities will include support to our customer, conducting field troubleshooting, analyzing data and modeling RADAR behavior.
- Local technical point regarding our radar hardware/software.
- Follow up on radar system maintenance and analysis of problems reported by the end-users.
- Complete and submit the Systems and Hardware problems reports.
- Adjust software/systems and draw up specifications that comprises elaborating and updating maintenance and technical reports.
- Contribute to perform modification/updates to hardware limited to changes subsequent to technical issues and approved by Radar Design Authority.
- Deliver reports on both radar systems, including availability, status of the radar systems, components, past events, operation duration, configuration changes, etc.
- Manage the logistic aspect of Failure flow for Master system. Monitor spare parts from Qatar Stock and manage the repair flow to France.
- Ensure on the job training (i.e. OJT) for the End-User personnel on RADAR systems operations and maintenance.
- Ensure an ease communication with different stakeholders and thus simplify & speed up the different query's resolution.
- Watch over and report relevant monthly KPIs (contractual indicators of performance).
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Good Knowledge about customer service practices and principles.
- Relevant experience in a similar role/industry is a major asset (minimum 10 years).
- Able to compile and present system requirements and design review presentations.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP networks (LAN/WAN), radio frequency and digital techniques.
- Knowledge in Hardware design (RF, analog, digital, or microwave) or software design experience.
- Excellent analytical skills that enable you to thoroughly analyze problems and put forward improvements.
- Strong mathematical/analytical competence
- Thales productions/Repair line knowledge would be a plus.
- Prior experience in Military will be an added advantage.
- Background in electrical engineering or physics
- Strong listening, writing and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of French and Arabic will be a plus.
- Master of Science degree in engineering / industrial engineer, specialization in electronics.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.