Job description / Role
The Finance Assistant will work closely with the Finance Officer and Head Office Team and be responsible for overseeing finance activities as directed by the Chief Finance Officer.
This will include:
- Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions
- Processing payments, invoices, income, and receipts and entering data into accounting software and filing hard copies
- Completing fortnightly payment runs
- Tracking bank account balances
- Completing Qatar WHT Returns and working with Tax Advisors for submission
- Completing UK VAT Return requirements for Tax Advisors
- Reconciliation of entries into the accounting system, including bank reconciliations
- Maintain the trial balance, by a reconciliation of general ledgers
- Finalization of monthly Trial balance for reporting to the Finance Officer
- Managing employee expense claims
- Supporting the development of financial controls and continuous improvement initiatives
- Managing the integrity of the financial accounting ledgers and ensuring the correct application of good financial controls
- Use knowledge of local laws to comply with reporting requirements, including Qatar and UK
- Support in ensuring compliance with the requirements of external parties such as Qatar General Tax Authority, HMRC, banking institutions and external auditors.
- Managing the finance ledgers in accordance with business policies
- Ensuring all external financial regulatory reporting is completed and submitted on time.
- Managing financial transactions so that they are processed on a timely basis and in accordance with business and external reporting requirements
- Monitor any variances from the projected budget
- Undertaking additional activities as necessary to support internal and external stakeholder requirements
- Be adaptable to complete above requirements for more than one business entity, including Qatar and UK
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a Finance role.
- Knowledge of the applicable laws (UK & Qatar) and regulations.
- The ability to promote change and communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and motivational skills.
- Competent in the use of IT, spreadsheets, word processing, PowerPoint and Sage.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple priorities in a dynamic operating environment, working with a high degree of autonomy.
- Experience of operating in both a Middle East and Military environment would be preferred.
- Additional Language skills applicable to the Middle East environment, would be highly desirable.
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Financial Organization in Qatar
One Of The Leading Total Solutions Provider In Qatar
Manpower Middle East
Consolidation & Financial Reporting Analyst
Stratus Recruitment International