Job description / Role
Our client is a private equity fund based in Qatar the host of the 2022 FIFA World Cup, they focus on African investments; they have strong investor contribution to their committed capital base and are looking to recruit a Finance Director.
Our client is a private equity fund with experienced bulge bracket investment bankers at the helm, who have significant African deal-making experience and have worked in global financial hubs. They place a high degree of importance on numeric ability, initiative, and the willingness & ability to take ownership of work and projects.
• The role presents an opportunity to join a fund in Qatar which has access to capital and is targeted on the under-serviced African continent.
• It offers the opportunity to work with a high calibre team in a sustainable environment with longevity on the table.
• The Finance Director will take full ownership of the finance processes for all legal entities (Hold-co/ Op-co/ SPVs) and interface with the regulatory authority - the QFCRA (Qatar Financial Centre Regulatory Authority).
• The role requires a hands-on professional as will initially be a standalone role and the team will sustainably grow under the Finance Director with further investments.
• Responsibilities range from bookkeeping, budgeting, financial control, financial reporting, capital adequacy monitoring, reporting to LPs, liaising with auditors, setting up SPVs and involvement in transactional activity.
• The role offers the opportunity to build out a team and a clear path to becoming a CFO at a multi-billion dollar entity.
• Excellent tax-free package, progression to CFO, exposure.
• The candidate will relocate to Doha, Qatar (client will finance related costs) and have 8-14 years of experience.
• They will be a qualified chartered accountant from the Big 4 (at least 5 years at the Big 4) preferably auditing PE clients, followed by Finance experience at a PE firm/ Investments Vehicle with SPV creation experience for 3-5 years.
• Strong French and English language is mandatory as is the ability to work independently and bring with them best practice solutions.
• Those without French language, Big Four, or PE/ Investment Experience cannot be considered.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
CFO - Chief Finance Officer – Investment Treasury Manager
A Leading Manufacturing Company In The UAE
Chief Finance Officer
Ignite Search & Selection
Finance Manager for a Leading FMCG Manufacturing Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE