Job description / Role
Georgetown University-Qatar (GU-Q) is looking for a Financial Services Support Coordinator to provide a range of financial support services to the GU-Q community.
As this position is based in Doha, Qatar and offers no relocation assistance, GU-Q is looking for locally based candidates only. This is a non-sponsored position that requires all applicants to already have the necessary sponsorship to live and work in Qatar.
• Manage effectively the Office of Finance and Research Compliance financial documents/records to safeguard information, ensure compliance to university’s record retention policies and efficient retrieval of documents/data for processing;
• Interact with GU-Q faculty, staff, students and suppliers to provide information in response to inquiries about requests and services, handle and resolve/escalate complaints as necessary;
• Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints or comments, as well as actions taken;
• Handle Front Desk reception and administration duties, including greeting guests, answering phones and handling inquiries;
• Coordinate and arrange meetings;
• Coordinate In-Out Mail flow;
• Handle all Petty Cash and Cash Advance requests, including monthly reconciliation;
• Manage the website of the department to ensure accuracy and relevance of contents;
• Manage the department’s Process Documentation including Forms to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date;
• Provide support as needed to the various areas of the Office of Finance and Research Compliance in order to support the effective day-to-day operations;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in the field of Finance, preferably in an academic setting or in a large multinational company;
• Demonstrated experience of taking initiative to identify and solve problems;
• Knowledge and understanding of the operational aspect of a busy Finance office in an academic setting;
• Familiarity with Georgetown University policies, process and procedures is an asset;
• Accuracy, attention to detail and strong computer skills;
• Strong critical and analytical thinking skills;
• Strong prioritization and organization skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks independently;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written);
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office;
• Familiarity with GMS/WorkDay preferred;
• Fluency in Arabic an asset.
About the Company
Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) is located on the Education City campus in Doha, Qatar and offers a variety of lifelong learning opportunities for the community. The four-year Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service (BSFS) degree program is delivered by the world renowned Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service with a curriculum that is identical to that offered to students in Washington, D. C. Each year, GU-Q admits a class of approximately 75 students, primarily from the Middle East, South Asia and Southeast Asia. GU-Q is sponsored by Qatar Foundation and is one of six American universities located within Education City. All students have access to a superb range of recreational and housing facilities offered by Qatar Foundation and they take classes in classrooms equipped with state of the art technology. The campus currently boasts the presence of the largest public access library in Qatar. The compensation, benefits, terms of employment and professional development opportunities for GU-Q faculty and staff are highly competitive.