Job description / Role
Primary Purpose of the Position
Be fully responsible for ensuring safety and well-being of patients, visitors and employees occupied in CLIENT facilities during fire or other emergency.
• Establish evacuation plan/procedures for fire or other emergency.
• Organize routine inspections of fire suppression equipment and ensuring emergency exits are accessible and unlocked.
• In the event of fire or other emergency, ensure all personnel are evacuating the facilities quickly and safely, and in accordance with established evacuation plan/procedures.
• Be aware of any occupants needing extra assistance and assign other able bodied personnel to assist them during-and evacuation.
• Once the facility is evacuated, verify that all occupants are present at the designated meeting point or otherwise accounted for.
• Coordinate with emergency personnel authorized to determine if and when the occupants may return to the facilities and organize safe return.
• Prepare occupants of the facilities to respond promptly and calmly in the event of fire or other emergency.
• Organize and run evacuation drills based on CLIENT policies and ensure all occupants of the facilities know how to safely exit the premises in case of fire or other emergency.
• Liaise with local fire and emergency services.
• Organize and conduct evacuation training.
• Ensure availability of required evacuation equipment.
• Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A minimum of 3 years of management experience leading a department or teams of personnel responsible for fire protection & life safety services.
• Fire Safety and Evacuation professional with a minimum of five (5) years of healthcare experience and/or fire service experience with healthcare involvement.
• These professionals have experience with hospital fires, hospital evacuation and/or catastrophic surge capacity planning.
• Special expertise should range from an understanding of defend-in-place, horizontal evacuation and special areas such as Neonatal Intensive Care Unit evacuation.
• Inclusion of handling emergencies in the Operating Theatre to extensive experience in working with clinical leadership, clinical staff and fire response teams.
• Training under live fire and realistic evacuation conditions is a requirement.)
• Possesses excellent leadership skills and ability to lead, supervise and motivate a team of engineers and technical staff.
• Have excellent planning, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Must have thorough knowledge of industry / international standards, and ability to interpret for specific application within sphere of relevant disciplines.
• Communication & negotiating skills as well as an ability to work in a multicultural team environment must be well developed and proven.
• Works within the' framework of approved corporate policies, procedures and standards, while exercising a high degree of independence in selecting methodologies to perform the responsibilities and tasks and providing expert advice on a wide variety of technical issues.
• Evaluate and provide solutions for -particular, critical technical issues. Review "and recommend resolution of particularly complex and non-routine problems, or provide viable alternatives.
• Identify risks and anticipated problem to projects, and propose mitigating solutions and actions.
• Review and critically -assess a range of options for a given problem, and recommend one acceptable technical--solution from a range of options.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Fire, Life and Safety Engineer - Aviation
Safety Manager - Aviation
HSE Manager - Infrastructure
MAYKS HR Consulting