Job description / Role
We are looking for talented chefs to join our world class team. As a First Commis Chef, you will ensure that food is prepared as per production plan. Meals prepared should be as per standard recipes within HACCP guidelines, to meet and exceed customer expectations. You will be responsible for the execution of assigned work by the Chef de Partie / Demi Chef de Partie.
• Produce meals as per the production plan, ensuring procedures are followed and all records are up to date and accurate at all times.
• Maintain high level of cleanliness in the work area and take care of all outlet equipment and materials.
• Perform other department duties related to your position, as directed by the Head of Department.
• Manage food stock effectively, minimize food wastage through good kitchen management processes, such as labelling.
• All stock to be rotated, dated and managed in order to reduce wastage and contribute to kitchen profitably through effective food cost control.
• Prepare and present high-quality dishes within company specifications, ensure any change made to the recipe is
• highlighted to Senior Chefs for system update, and food quality is constantly maintained as per standards.
• Ensure that the presentation and freshness of all food is of the highest standard.
• Respond positively to guest feedback/complain, understand guest expectations, brings all complaints to the attention of the senior chefs for future improvements.
• High school graduation with certificate in catering or professional cookery.
• Additional trade certificates or relevant training certificates are highly preferred.
• Computer literate (MS Office).
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience and previously worked as a Commis Chef.
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in English language.
• Proof of completion in a basic food hygiene course.
• Good working knowledge about food and beverage production.
About the Company
Specialised in business support services, Fusion Group Holding provides foreign investors, companies, and individuals with a streamlined and financially efficient approach to conducting business successfully in Qatar, Oman, and the UAE.
With several highly specialised subsidiaries, the Group offers its clients over 360 services, ranging from immigration services through to company formation and local company partnership.
Our team of experts prides themselves on their wealth of knowledge and local connections, allowing foreign investors to establish a commercial presence.