Fleet Project Superintendent
Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat)
Job description / Role
Job Summary and Purpose
Lead and provide technical support to Nakilat Fleet with projects related to enhance fleet efficiency, as well as to act as Focal point to lead and manage other Fleet Technical Projects and provide technical support and representation for fleet assets during repair periods. In addition to the above, the role is responsible to initiate and complete research into emergent technologies and initiatives to optimize assets and efficiency of operations.
• Lead and manage Fleet Technical Projects
• Monitoring trials and pilots as required on fleet vessels and providing regular feedback to management to aid decision making
• Providing comprehensive reporting, cost control, Project planning and timelines
• Maintaining an effective relationship with Nakilat customers throughout project timelines
• Tracking progress and managing Projects underway with Nakilat customers, stakeholders and charterers; and
• Participating in tender evaluations closing.
• Evaluate and propose industry leading technical solutions to enhance operations.
• Provide technical support to Fleet with matters related to
• Technical challenges
• Refit support
• Voyage repair for vessels
• Developing, assessing and proposing improvement measures for technical implementation, and play a key role in delivering optimization opportunities.
• Assist with contract drafting for projects related to fleet assets.
• Work with the fleet technical team to identify areas of poor reliability and efficiency.
• Provide technical input into emergent Nakilat business streams.
• Provide support and input into technical evaluation of new-build tenders and future new build projects.
• Provide support to charterer’s technical teams when developing projects for Nakilat’s fleet
• Work with NKOM to further establish their position as the preferred vendor for LNG vessel repairs and refits.
• Maintain focus on future legislation changes which may have a direct impact on Nakilat fleet.
• Participate in experience sharing initiatives between various operators and Nakilat to maximize value gained from these workshops.
• Provide technical input and assist to Supply Department in contracts and tenders related matters.
• Carry out Asset Integrity studies and initiatives for the Fleet as required.
• Assist in reinforcing Nakilat’s position in the industry as an exemplary model for driving safety, efficiency, and flawless execution throughout Nakilat core business of shipping hydrocarbons.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSE):
• Adhere to all relevant QHSE policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAKILAT provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
• Implement approved policies, processes and procedures, and provide instructions to subordinates to ensure their proper implementation.
• Minimum Class 2 CoC Marine Engineer, with Gas endorsements. Alternatively, a graduate with a relevant engineering degree (Mechanical, Marine or Project based).
• Minimum 3 years in senior technical rank on board LNG vessels or within the LNG industry.
• Minimum 3 years’ shore experience in high value Project Management related role.
Job Specific Skills:
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Management, leadership and Organizational skills to deal with a multicultural work force and business partners
• Ability to conduct risk assessments
• Familiarity with HAZOP, HAZID, FMEA, Project Management Planning and processes for evaluating detailed design
• Computer literacy – MS Office, MS Project and Visio
• Experience with contract drafting, tendering process and evaluation as well as commercial requirements of Project management are advantageous
About the Company
Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd. (known as Nakilat, which means carriers in Arabic) is a Qatari-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine-related services to a range of participants within the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral component of the supply chain of some of the largest, most advanced energy projects in the world undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was established in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by its founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest LNG ship owner in the world. Our fleet of vessels transport LNG produced from Qatars North Field, the worlds largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the worlds total proven reserves to global markets. These vessels, ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.