Job description / Role
• Oversee the restaurants’ entire operations and maintenance activities;
• Able to manage and develop large teams of managers , chefs and support staff to a high standard
• Coordinates the day to day operations and strategy of the restaurants through regular site visits, effective communication and implementation of policies and procedures
• Reviews , praises and motivates managers and exec chefs to achieve more through a – “Lead by example attitude”
• Monitor quality and quantity of supplies and products and manage agreements and contracts with suppliers;
• Continuously investigate and recommend ways to reduce costs, maximize resources and improve quality of services;
• Coordinates with other departments to ensure operations are running effectively and the office teams are supporting to ensure units achieve no barriers when operating
• Holds regular dept operations meeting
• Is able to create action plans and strategies across the estate to increase sales, improve efficiency and develop the teams in all outlets.
• Develops and implements training initiatives to further the brands whilst progressing the career of individuals at all levels.
• Has full knowledge of the preparation and recipe elements of the entire brand and has mastery of the products, ingredients and cooking methods used to produce excellent, consistent food.
• Visits the outlets on a regular basis through a combination of announced and unannounced visits
• Can identify quality issues with produce and correct by coaching the teams BOH.
• Can give expert answers to questions related to each dish on the menu and how they are prepared.
• Strives to constantly improve the quality of production and the skills of the chefs producing the dishes.
• Has an excellent palate which can identify quality issues in produce and dishes – is always tasting and judging dishes before presenting them to the pass.
• Ensure compliance with Health and Safety standards, impose legal regulations and maintain security plans and regular quality checks;
• Achieve and exceed operational and sales objectives;
• Monitor customer service standards and customer feedback;
• Identify and resolve dysfunctions and determine systems improvements;
• Coordinate with HR department to recruit, train and retain staff, communicate job responsibilities and conduct appraisals and performance reviews;
• Explore new markets, opportunities and acquire new partners;
• Suggest promotional and communications activities/events and implement approved marketing solutions;
• Monitor competition and develop a good knowledge of the market and products to ensure competitive services;
• Responsible profit and loss monitoring, product pricing and periodic forecasting/budgeting to achieve financial objectives;
• Design and implement periodic business/actions plans and provide necessary reports and inventories for decision making and progress tracking;
• Coordinate with the chef to design a competitive menu based on cost estimates;
• Periodic meetings/ brainstorms with both staff and management.
QAR 15,000 to 20,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Educated to Masters Level in Hospitality/F&B or related subject
• Min 15 years total experience as Operations Manager preferably in a well-known group based in the GCC operating in the F&B and Hospitality sectors
• Proven track records of achievements in previous assignments
• Able to give expert detailed answers to questions related to restaurant operations
• A strong knowledge of service trends and training /development with evidence of creative ability
• Able to demonstrate expert knowledge costing skills , P&L knowledge, financial control procedures and labor controls
• Clear evidence of working way up from a restaurant manager – for that hands on approach to management
• Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive organization
• Presentable and well groomed
• Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (English essential, Arabic preferred);
• Strong personality, able to execute decisions independently.
• Strong analytical and technical skills;
• Good leadership and management skill, ability to supervise people of mixed nationalities;
• Ability to plan and take timely and effective decisions;
• Able to work under pressure;
• Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft office package;
About the Company
We are a Multidisciplinary HR Consultancy firm based in Qatar, with channel partners from all over the world.
MAYKS HR Consulting has the expertise to enable you to get a high return on your company’s most valuable investment. Our headhunting processes are state-of-the-art, utilizing the best technology to perform all headhunting tasks. Our 13 years’ experience in Qatar in assessing and selecting tools, gives us the ability to serve our clients more effectively and efficiently than anyone in the industry.We consistently provide high-quality headhunted candidates from the local and international markets. MAYKS revolves around being proactive and responsive, giving us the flexibility to accommodate your needs and ensure your success. Our experts will work with you in the headhunting process to ensure that your projects are never in delay.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Operations Director - Retail, Hospitality, F&B, Automotive
Chief Operations Officer - COO - Multidiscipline, Retail, Construction, Hospitality
RTC-1 Employment Services
Casual Dining Operations Manager
Supply Chain Manager
Nestle Middle East