Job description / Role
Food Runner - Vertigo
The Banyan Tree Doha at La Cigale Mushaireb- Vertigo is looking for an experienced Food Runner to join the team! A Food Runner at Vertigo is responsible for providing support in all facets of the operations. Working a variety of shifts, a Food Runner plays the liaison role between culinary and the restaurant club, through both buffet maintenance and the seamless expediting of dishes, whilst assisting the servers in the daily operations.
Restaurant Sky View Club Overview: Located on level 28, Vertigo Doha is one of the highest lounges in the Mushaireb area with incredible 360-degree views of Doha's Skyline, Corniche and old city. Vertigo offers an experience like no other with a creative beverages menu, mixology inventions and Pan-Asian cuisine with a Mediterranean twist in a lively set up with music.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Complete Daily Operations (i.e. opening and closing duties, stocking of service mise en place, polishing, cleaning, and maintaining service areas as assigned by the MOD)
- Assisting the culinary team with maintaining and restocking the buffet and communicating in regards to food expediting, dietary requirements and timeliness of service
- Maintaining an extensive product knowledge of menu items, beverage offerings and outlet operations
- Assisting Servers to deliver food, clear, and reset table in a timely manner
- Assisting the Host to meet, greet and seat guests and coordinate with other colleagues and MOD regarding preferences, allergies and special occasions
Your experience and skills include:
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Schedule flexibility, including early mornings, late nights, weekends, holidays
- Club background experience
- Fluent English
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40+lbs and be able to be on your feet for 8 hours or more
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.