Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is currently seeking a French and Arabic-speaking Senior Legal Counsel with a background in Building Construction to support the company’s legal affairs in Qatar.
• Managing legal issues pertaining to the company’s various entities in Qatar, especially contentious construction matters
• Providing expert, value-enhancing legal advice to the top management of the company to ensure their interests are well-protected
• Defining and implementing processes for continuous monitoring of various legal issues pertaining to the company’s projects and operating subsidiaries in Qatar, to ensure that all relevant legal and regulatory requirements are fulfilled so as to minimise the risk of litigation and disputes
• Informing all concerned parties about statutory and contractual provisions and procedures
• Analysing and advising on the threats and merits of disputes and potential court and arbitration proceedings
• Preparing and negotiating contracts with outside parties in order to safeguard the company’s legal position and minimise risk
• Handling any contract breaches and termination processes for third party contractors who default on sales and lease contracts
• Approving all the main business contracts between the company’s construction projects and outside parties to ensure correctness and accuracy
• Bachelor’s degree in Law is essential, with a Master’s degree in Law highly desirable
• At least 10 years of active practice in the fields of Building Construction, Infrastructure and/or Real Estate contract law, with an emphasis on litigation and arbitration processes
• Solid experience of contract management and administration from a legal perspective
• Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English, French and Arabic
• Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
If you fulfill the minimum requirements stipulated by our client and are confidentially interested in applying then please drop Linum Consult a copy of your CV and contact details online.
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)