Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced Gas Engineering specialist with at least 10 years’ experience ( minimum 3 years in the GCC) in managing operations, maintenance, estimations (Gas Loads for residential, Commercial Buildings), O&M resources estimation i.e. manpower, facilities , equipment & tools requirements etc. and compliance management for large Scale Gas (LPG/ CNG/LNG/SNG) Plants including SCADA control room and buried gas distribution pipeline networks.
This is an important role delivering all Gas related Operations Management for a very prestigious project in Qatar, including contract management, performance management, development of relevant documentation and checklists, design guidance, Authority requirements management etc.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performing Mechanical operation design review
• The Mechanical Engineer at this level is proficient in the utilization of standard engineering theories and practices
• Some assignments involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications. Responsible to ensure the correct implementation of the project quality plan and quality procedures and productivity related to all Mechanical works
• Reviews and/or prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other mechanical documents as necessary
• Assist in preparing RFPS for service providers regarding all mechanical matters
• Responsible to review & updating as-built drawings of all mechanical related matters such as district cooling system, irrigation system, chilled water, water features etc.
• Works with the Service providers to define workable mechanical engineering solutions as required for the maintenance
• Reviews method statements for maintenance and provides comments related to mechanical engineering o Conducts periodic inspections to determine if mechanical works have been done in accordance with contract specifications
• Prepares periodic special reports summarize mechanical engineering-related issues related to maintenance mechanical activities for review and approval
• Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the mechanical maintenance activities
• Oversee and guide all activities related to the operations and maintenance of the Mechanical Plants and networks and ensure they are operating smoothly.
• Monitor all aspects of the Mechanical Plants and networks functionality in accordance with procedures and local authorities’ requirements.
• Liaise with the client & Authority representatives, Service Providers and sub-contractors on all issues and approvals as required, related to Mechanical Plants and Networks.
• Scheduling & Attending coordination meetings with the Client, Service Providers, sub-contractors and other stakeholders.
• Works with the Service providers and review, update and manage the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure that work is done safely and efficiently.
• Works with the Service providers and ensures all issues of disruption in services due to failure of networks such as bursts, overflows, blockages etc. are resolved in time and in accordance with agreed KPI’s.
• Monitoring and reporting the performance of the Service providers in line with agreed SLAs.
All in package is QR12k
QAR 13000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical discipline
• Minimum 10 years' experience in mechanical maintenance of large projects with a high concentration in facilities management experience
• Previous experience in projects with centralized chilled water & air conditioning system, shall be preferred
• Approval of Engineer's Accrediting and Classifying Committee (Ministry of Municipality and Urban Planning)
• Able to coordinate and monitor all disciplines of mechanical work related to all FM Contracts.
• This includes both management of the site supervision team as well as the Service Providers, Sub Service Providers, and other appropriate specialties
• Able to control Service Providers, Sub Service Providers in conformance with contract documents, drawings, and specifications. This includes working knowledge with local and international specifications that may relate to the projects
• Able to monitor progress of Works and carry out updating, planning and preparing progress reports as required by the Clients
Minimum three (3) years working in the Arabian Gulf Region and familiarity with International Codes & standards: ASHRAE, NFPA, SMACNA, ASME, IBC (UBC), BS-CIBSE & QCS-Qatar.
About the Company
Mosanada FMS - the only facilities management specialist in the region with experience of handling large-scale, complex projects. Mosanada FMS is a joint venture between Aspire Katara Investments, Qatar Olympic Committee and FM Services.
Mosanada FMS provides integrated facilities management services in Qatar, from inception of build design through to disposal of the property.