Job description / Role
Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Opening mid 2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sq m of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country's biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North's waterpark attraction The Icon Tower, the world's highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres in height.
This position is responsible to prepare the hotel's daily bank deposits, control all house funds, and issuing, auditing, and maintaining all hotel banks according to the Company's policies and procedures.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Reconciling daily cash submissions from the various departments in the hotel and consolidating the bank deposits daily.
- Ensuring that all cash-handling employees have adequate monetary change throughout their work shifts.
- Performing house bank audits as required by the Company's policies and procedures to ensure the safeguarding of all hotel cash .
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of the Company.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Perform daily count of the main house bank and document all of these results. Send a copy to the appropriate accounting manager. The total must include banks issued and must tie to the general ledger house bank account.
- Prepare and maintain Over/Short reports by the cashier on a daily basis and forward them to Finance Controller or Finance Manager
- Prepare and maintain Over/Short Report by the cashier on a daily basis and forward to Chief Accountant at month-end.
- Count and document all hotel floats quarterly, on a surprise basis, in the presence of the float holder as required by the Company's policies and procedures.
- Prepare a quarterly summary of float counts.
- Maintain current house bank agreements. Issue cashier safety deposit boxes for bank safekeeping, as required.
Your experience and skills include:
- Degree/diploma in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar capacity.
- Must have good knowledge of OASys and edocs.
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and training skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Service-oriented with an eye for details
- Well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
Your team & working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.