Job description / Role
Mövenpick Hotel Doha
Contemporary, convenient and perfectly positioned, the upscale Mövenpick Hotel Doha is ideal for business travelers. Just 11km from Hamad International Airport and minutes from the business district, this hotel is centrally located on the prominent Corniche Road opposite the iconic Museum of Islamic Arts
General Ledger Accountant
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Finance professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As a General Ledger Accountant you will be responsible for maintenance of the general ledger account, execute varied accounting functions such as balance sheet reconciliations including bank recons, journal entry input for income, labor and accruals, month-end closing reports, cost allocations, P&L development as well as other tasks related to A/P, A/R and Payroll. As a key member of the company's corporate accounting team, this role will serve as a trusted resource to the field our Management is growing rapidly and is looking for someone who is strongly passionate in both the accounting field and business development.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Monthly reconciliation of all general ledger accounts including all bank accounts.
- Ensuring that all account coding for revenues and expenses are in accordance with company policy
- Ensure compliance with internal as applicable to finance and accounting practices.
- Actively participates in the monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing process for assigned properties.
- Prepare and distribute financial statements to senior management, ensuring that financial information is accurate, meaningful, and timely according to Accor standards and guidelines.
- Prepare and reconcile General Ledger and cash reconciliation
- Record journal entries to accurately reflect financial transactions.
- Reconcile balance sheet
- Safeguard the assets of the company by ensuring that appropriate internal controls
- Maintain adequate documentation to support all accounting-related transactions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experiences
- Minimum 2 years' previous hospitality industry experience is required
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of direct supervision
- Appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- High proficiency in Excel and all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and experience in the preparation of general ledger reports and financial statements.
- Strong track record for management of confidential information with significant degree of discretion and independent judgment.
- Capability for effective communication with all levels of staff and management, both verbally and in written formats. Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on client needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Schedule flexibility and ability to work extended and/or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Additional duties will be assigned as the need arises.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.