Job description / Role
The General manager, reporting to the CEO of the Company, will be responsible for developing and achieving the objectives of the company producing a quality product at the lowest cost while maintaining the highest possible safety standards.
- The General Manager will ensure the continued availability of quality raw materials as needed to meet the production needs of the Asphalt Plant by establishing and maintaining mine goals, objectives, and deliverables
- Create a vision of success through the organization and help improve efficiency in all departments
- Provide leadership and develop human capital including; Maintenance, Engineering, Geology, Environment, Safety, HR and Community Relations
- The General Manager will assist departments in the development and implementation of operating systems, tools, metrics, methodologies, planning procedures, and processes for planning and tracking the progress of mine production (i.e.: KPIs, tons produced by labor, tons produced, and monitor the cost per ton)
- He will develop and implement a business plan and budget with a clear plan and line functions for operation improvement targets
- Direct and manage the activities of the plant operation with overall responsibility and accountability for short-term planning, implementation, and maintenance of cost controls, communications, productivity, and quality
- The General Manager will provide Monthly Reports of the Operation including environmental, safety, production, and cost information
- Provide professional and effective supervision for the plant, technical, and operational issues
Ensure plant safety and health
- Establish performance benchmarks in all departments and direct staff development programs, planning, human resources, and all departments, including training and development programs for plant supervision, maintenance, and engineering
- The General Manager will be accountable for the effective implementation and coordination of corporate programs
Sponsor and facilitate change through recognizing, initiating, supporting, and leading change management at the mine.
QAR 35,000 to 40,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- 10 - 20 years of experience
- Should have specific knowledge of Asphalt Manufacturing business and operational practices, like asphalt plant and site laying of asphalt to highway standard, flyovers, bridges, airports runways.
- Should demonstrate change management skills and abilities
- Should have contract negotiations and leadership
- Possess knowledge/ experience in budgeting, fiscal performance, and productivity improvement
- Possess strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Should demonstrate skills in management and leadership
- Should possess effective verbal and written communications skills
- Should possess 10-20 years of related experience in engineering and/ or mine operations
- Should demonstrate a record of delivering on established performance objectives.
- Degree in Construction Management, engineering, geology, or mine operations.
- Any nationality with Gulf experience preferred
About the Company
Ignite Search & Selection is a leading Recruitment Agency in the Middle East. Ignite's team of specialist recruiters now works across a range of sectors including Legal, Digital/Technology, Retail/FMCG, Construction and Engineering.
We pride ourselves on given both clients and candidates expert market knowledge in our chosen sectors. We value getting a detailed understanding of our clients and candidates expectations to find the perfect fit for all parties.
General Manager - Construction
Ignite Search & Selection
Senior Project Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
A Leading Engineering Consulting Company in UAE
Quest Search & Selection