Job description / Role
Our client was established in 2004 in the UAE. They are one of the leading landscape maintenance and natural sports turf design, build and maintenance companies in the GCC. Their portfolio consists of range of projects carried out to international standards and specifications, ranging from 5 star celebrity golf courses to the Burj Al Arab. They are the 1st contractor to offer a sustainable approach to landscape maintenance and where possible offer solutions such as native plant selections, smart irrigation control systems, integrated pest management, materials and recycling of all biodegradable waste.
The General Manager should secure a long term viability for the Company by ensuring that the company operations and services meet the needs of the customers while producing financial returns for the shareholders.
You will be responsible for the effective and successful management of P&L, your team, internal processes and services. You will ensure safe and efficient operations while, serve as a company representative on regulatory issues. Team management is key with a very diverse workforce.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To plan and monitor a three-year plan to ensure that the Company can meet increased demands from growth in the market in line with the strategic direction of the Group.
- Lead the process for growing the business through new business opportunities/ projects.
- Formulate strategic marketing/ development to translate business plans/strategy into results.
- Participate in strategic meetings with partners, suppliers, marketing, inter company, landlords to negotiate commercial conditions.
- Continually scan competitive landscape and technology advancements in the market place to identify best practices, emerging trends, and innovation opportunities and adapt Sales and Marketing strategy accordingly.
- Establish sound relationships with key Clients within the market range of the business as a high quality service provider.
- Provide a superior Customer Service to Clients and Sub-Contractors by being responsive to needs of Customers, willing to customize services and expedite or change Customer orders
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands the customer base
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Investigate and resolve any customer service issues promptly (including Inter- company) to ensure customer's expectations are exceeded every time.
- Oversee and ensure Divisional Managers are driving the business as per organizational plans
- Evaluate the quality of maintenance works at various sites. Check if quality standards are maintained, gaps identified and recommendations implemented
- Manage and ensure all KPI's are resolved on project sites issued by the clients and that we get above satisfactory rating at all times
- Ensure and control timely operations to avoid delays and penalties
- Ensure productivity of staff is managed to get the highest output for the division
- Analyze market trends and adapt best practices for operations
- Carry out works with budgets
- Approve costing of various projects
- Hold frequent project team meetings
- Minimum Bachelor's degree - Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Agronomy
- Minimum 20 years' experience in maintenance/ Turfcare management role
- Total responsibility of Growth, Budgets, forecasting, P&L
- Business acumen, entrepreneurial flare
- Client relationships and Customer focused
- Strategic planning
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Problem solver, attention to detail and quality
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of trust and confidentiality
- Passionate team player and driven to exceed results
About the Company
We have spent years building our key client & candidate bases; only working with the top firms in the market who have the same philosophy as us. We only partner with ethical businesses who have an excellent reputation in the market, allowing us to attract the very best talent for our clients.
We refuse to be like most recruiters – targeted on CV sends & quantity over quality. We do not operate a KPI environment. We will always have a direct, honest & transparent approach to our clients and candidates delivering a first in class service at all times; whether you are recruiting an engineer or director.
We have the capabilities, coupled with local market knowledge to manage your projects from concept design to completion. We recruit in the following countries: UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Kuwait.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Operations Director - Facility Management
Chief Operations Officer - COO - Multidiscipline, Retail, Construction, Hospitality
General Manager - Facilities Management